Opinions on turbo kits?

justinsstang

Established Member
image_4.jpg

Edit: As a spelling nazi, I just wanted to take a brief second to share how damned hard it was to not correct the spelling of "payed" to "paid" as well. Thanks lol.

Last edited:

T's03GT

#Team5bro
Established Member
How is he only at 655rwhp at 11psi with twins? Is that a mustang dyno or something? I swear I've seen those numbers on 8 psi with the on3 multiple times on a dynojet

And yes tell him if he wants to make the trip I have no problem racing. It's all for fun. And ouch about the clutch lol

It was a Mustang dyno, also the exhaust was restricting it and boost was dropping off at 6200rpm.

Yup, I've had bad luck with the MT82/clutch in this car. I think I'm cursed haha, T56 magnum swap is coming next summer before boost.

CPRsm

Could you show me one of their Dyno graphs and then one of yours for comparison?

Well you are the one who said they don't make power after 5200. I assume you saw this on a graph somewhere. Could you post it?
Of course I can. I'm out of town and they're not easy to find. Thread goes up and then they disappear. And that's if the graph is posted. Don't mind the super inflated numbers because of correction for DA. Notice the rpm is missing from the graph. Hp and torque are scaled the same in the graph. So where HP and torque cross, that's 5250rpm. So there is a little rpm reference in the graph.

image_12.jpg

This was our smallest turbo. Still great power and proper rpm range.

image_11.jpg

This more boost obviously but you can see at this power level back pressure is still not a problem w the kit.
image_1.jpg

We have them w higher peaks than this. But these are stock cammed engines.

corepwn

Established Member
You'll be riding the power drop on every shift instead of an ascension. Almost all "racers" will tell you to shift just a few hundred RPM over peak power for the best ETs. Generally this is for shift extension in the next gear and the power drop just after peak is usually minimal 2-300 rpm after. The graph above shows a major drop off.

It seems the smaller turbos really need a set of valve springs to combat the back pressure issues that they create, downpipes could be larger too.

CPRsm

View attachment 46242

Edit: As a spelling nazi, I just wanted to take a brief second to share how damned hard it was to not correct the spelling of "payed" to "paid" as well. Thanks lol.
You picked on the fat kit on the play ground and challenged him to a marathon. Congrats, you won. Something about the special Olympics comes to mind lol

So why does it matter if all the power is made at 5600 RPM if it doesn't drop off before redline?

Because rpm is how a car stretches its legs. How it gains mph and drops ET. Lower RPM really kills mph. Only way to gain is back is to gear down. But can you imagine trying to ride a ten speed and every time you juuuuust start to get the pedals going in a gear, you had to up shift, and had start "lugging" again? Shifting a coyote @ 6k is like telling Jordan not to dunk. Both make children cry.

Dustin it's easier for you since you're bringing your customer's car...Bring it up here this weekend, Let's get the race done... We've gone 141 on second time out with a DA of 7400... Your #'s are at a lower da or sea level.. I bring up MPH =HP... I'm ready this weekend
How is it easier for me? Get customers to hang around for whenever you're ready to race w 4 days notice.

Stop using DA as an excuse. You just look foolish as hell. DA changes the entire graph. Not just the top end.
Here is another one of your customers. MT-82, dumped down pipe and sea level. Prime candidate to make some power. 10.5psi for 601rwhp? And more torque than HP again? What were saying about sea level playing a factor?

image_10.jpg

Last edited:

CPRsm

Lemme see what I can come up with. Only thing off the top of my head are 3 people, but all auto cars. Idk about anyone running a sissy pedal ;)
:p

Lol. Actually I shouldn't say that. Dynoed a monster this week. Thing is an absolute blast w the T56!!!! You would never believe it made what it did w how it spools.

justinsstang

Established Member
Sissy pedal... Uhh uh no you didn't. More like manly man pedal for men that do men things. Yea, that's what we'll call it. For the auto... We'll just have to stick with dickless shift lol. What are the auto cars running? If they're low boost we can see mt82 Paxton vs auto CPR. I'll roll race it from a 40 and 60 and probably lose but would be cool to see the difference.

Kyle55

Established Member
Edp kit has run good times and the turbo sounds awesome in videos. Agree I do want to see the dynographs to see when the power drops off . Wakebum where are your dynographs.

CPRsm

Sissy pedal... Uhh uh no you didn't. More like manly man pedal for men that do men things. Yea, that's what we'll call it. For the auto... We'll just have to stick with dickless shift lol. What are the auto cars running? If they're low boost we can see mt82 Paxton vs auto CPR. I'll roll race it from a 40 and 60 and probably lose but would be cool to see the difference.
Everyone one is built oddly enough. Low 9's and the one should be 8's somewhere when it's done.

Auto cars for the girls that have a hard time with a manual. Chuck Norris drives stick, just sayin

Hey hey hey. Most of us dickless driver can drive. It just so happens the "EASY" button is faster than being more manly. So it comes down to wanting everyone to think you're a man, or already knowing your are, and don't need a third pedal to prove it. :D

MRSUPRA

Established Member
I was looking at some JPC turbo graphs, and I didn't see any drop off in power after 5500 rpms. The EDP kit has the same hot side routing, same size downpipe and waste gates as the JPC kit, so I wouldn't think there would be any difference in power curves.

mastwolf

4800fps = Mach1 in h2o
Established Member
If it's shit.... Then why is your mph lower at sea level than STOCK motor EDP kits at altitude? Just keep talking shit because you wont race....

Your comparing my posted time/mph from over a year ago? You want me to race your shop car your still building?

mastwolf

4800fps = Mach1 in h2o
Established Member
I was looking at some JPC turbo graphs, and I didn't see any drop off in power after 5500 rpms. The EDP kit has the same hot side routing, same size downpipe and waste gates as the JPC kit, so I wouldn't think there would be any difference in power curves.

I think that is what they were going for.

Scott8583

Addicted to Corn!
Established Member

Manly Man pedal for men that do manly things, then you talk about roll racing... That's funny shit right there!

Sissy X's 2!

Users who are viewing this thread