Opinions on turbo kits?

Quad4_72

Established Member
Means the kit makes power until about 52-5500 and that's it. It doesn't gain power from there. A coyote should not have peak power @ 5200

Could you show me one of their Dyno graphs and then one of yours for comparison?

JTS_7

Established Member
So that's it Paxton is the best now?

I need to test my turbo car against a Paxton......hope I don't looze

corepwn

Established Member
So that's it Paxton is the best now?

I need to test my turbo car against a Paxton......hope I don't looze

I don't think there's a specific "X" is the best period. Turbos are known to suffer on any car that have throttle closures during shifts. I run a PD blower right now so I don't have a dog in the Centri vs Turbo fight.

CPRsm

If it's shit.... Then why is your mph lower at sea level than STOCK motor EDP kits at altitude? Just keep talking shit because you wont race....
Says the guy who wanted to race in May but still isn't ready. How you doing Danny from EDP?
Not sure why you want to base any argument on mph. We have people w more mph than the one you keep bringing up. When you get to 143-147 on a stock engine let us know.
While you're here why don't you post a graph for us?

Mustang Danny

Established Member
Dustin it's easier for you since you're bringing your customer's car...Bring it up here this weekend, Let's get the race done... We've gone 141 on second time out with a DA of 7400... Your #'s are at a lower da or sea level.. I bring up MPH =HP... I'm ready this weekend

Last edited:

justinsstang

Established Member
Here's a 40 roll from the EDP cars point of view:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0aZvZ8BgZvE
EDIT: Oh neat if you listen closely at the very start of his point of view 40 roll video I chirp 3rd... dafuq? LOL

Here's the 60 roll from the EDP cars point of view:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H2eVqDvjEQU

The video I posted earlier was the other 60 roll.

I ended up just keeping 1 of each. We did two 40 rolls and two 60 rolls, all were the same outcome.

Another edit: Also forgot to add that my car is a 3.73 car, his is a 3.55.

Last edited:

T's03GT

#Team5bro
Established Member
Tell you what, if you wanna run another turbo car I'll make you a deal. I have a turbo car willing to run you for $100 from a roll. He will even turn it down for you.

-I'll pay your gas for the entire trip
-You drive to my town which is like maybe 40 minutes away
-Then we drive over to where his town is where we always run at
-You guys run for $100

His car made 655whp on the setting he'd run you on, shouldn't be anything for you to race. I think I have one of your friends on Facebook, I'll send you a request soon and we can talk more if you're down. It's about an hour drive from me to him, but like I said, I'll pay your gas if you're down to run him. Let me know. He said he is down, so now it's up to you. It's the ON3 car I posted a video of the other day in case you were wondering. Could do it this weekend if you really wanted to and weather permits.

Here's a 40 roll from the EDP cars point of view:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0aZvZ8BgZvE
EDIT: Oh neat if you listen closely at the very start of his point of view 40 roll video I chirp 3rd... dafuq? LOL

Here's the 60 roll from the EDP cars point of view:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H2eVqDvjEQU

The video I posted earlier was the other 60 roll.

I ended up just keeping 1 of each. We did two 40 rolls and two 60 rolls, all were the same outcome.

Another edit: Also forgot to add that my car is a 3.73 car, his is a 3.55.

Sooooooo?

Quad4_72

Established Member
Says the guy who wanted to race in May but still isn't ready. How you doing Danny from EDP?
Not sure why you want to base any argument on mph. We have people w more mph than the one you keep bringing up. When you get to 143-147 on a stock engine let us know.
While you're here why don't you post a graph for us?

Well you are the one who said they don't make power after 5200. I assume you saw this on a graph somewhere. Could you post it?

T's03GT

#Team5bro
Established Member
Do you own a turbo coyote?

You keep jumping on people, he raced his buddy and won. Added video, and you are still trying to get him to race one of your buddies?

I'm not jumping on him. I'd just like to see him run another car, lol. I would like to see how his does against the other Paxton car from here. Hell, I don't even have my car in my hands. I haven't for the past month and a half practically.

His car seems to run damn well, that's why I'd like to see how it compares.

Last edited:

justinsstang

Established Member
Tell you what, if you wanna run another turbo car I'll make you a deal. I have a turbo car willing to run you for $100 from a roll. He will even turn it down for you.

-I'll pay your gas for the entire trip
-You drive to my town which is like maybe 40 minutes away
-Then we drive over to where his town is where we always run at
-You guys run for $100

His car made 655whp on the setting he'd run you on, shouldn't be anything for you to race. I think I have one of your friends on Facebook, I'll send you a request soon and we can talk more if you're down. It's about an hour drive from me to him, but like I said, I'll pay your gas if you're down to run him. Let me know. He said he is down, so now it's up to you. It's the ON3 car I posted a video of the other day in case you were wondering. Could do it this weekend if you really wanted to and weather permits.

Sorry but I have no interest in driving an hour and 40 minutes to race for cash. Cash runs 99% of the time just ends up with someone lying about mods.
If I were to race him it would just be for another educational video to further the paxton vs turbo argument and include more "real pavement" data instead of "keyboard racing", but I don't want to allot the time to drive there and back. In that regard if he wants to come to Mount Vernon we can do some interstate runs for fun. The $100 he gets to keep in his pocket from racing me at fair (reliable on stock block) boost levels will pay for his gas lol. (only joking)

I don't have any doubt of the possibility a turbo manual car can beat me if they turn up the boost etc. but... that wasn't the purpose of these runs as anyone can do that, even with a centri. He could turn up the boost and as a response I could just swap on a smaller pulley and both of us could end up at unsafe and unreliable power levels for the stock block and both end up needing a short block lol.

Simply put, our power output should be close to the same with the boost levels we are running at and I won. The point was to show that stock block... turbo vs centri isn't all that far apart. There is no scenario where a turbo should destroy a centri car if they're at similar power, and vice versa.

Keep in mind this is mt82 vs mt82 as well. Now if I had been running an auto I'd personally pick a turbo setup. But as for now... I'm happy with my centri setup on my stick car.

Last edited:

T's03GT

#Team5bro
Established Member
Sorry but I have no interest in driving an hour and 40 minutes to race for cash. Cash runs 99% of the time just ends up with someone lying about mods.
If I were to race him it would just be for another educational video to further the paxton vs turbo argument and include more "real pavement" data instead of "keyboard racing", but I don't want to allot the time to drive there and back. In that regard if he wants to come to Mount Vernon we can do some interstate runs for fun. The $100 he gets to keep in his pocket from racing me at fair (reliable on stock block) boost levels will pay for his gas lol. (only joking)

I don't have any doubt of the possibility a turbo manual car can beat me if they turn up the boost etc. but... that wasn't the purpose of these runs as anyone can do that, even with a centri. He could turn up the boost and as a response I could just swap on a smaller pulley and both of us could end up at unsafe and unreliable power levels for the stock block and both end up needing a short block lol.

Simply put, our power output should be close to the same with the boost levels we are running at and I won. The point was to show that stock block, turbo vs centri isn't all that far apart. There is no scenario where a turbo should destroy a centri car if they're at similar power, and vice versa.

Keep in mind this is mt82 vs mt82 as well. Now if I had been running an auto I'd personally pick a turbo setup. But as for now... I'm happy with my centri setup on my stick car.

That's cool, I respect it. I'll tell you every mod on the car, he won't keep it a secret from you. It's not an MT82, however, it has a T56 Mag. I'll talk to him about coming. Where I live is damn near the halfway point for both of you guys.

As I said, car runs well, just thought I'd entertain that question if you would want to run him or not. Seems like there are a lot of nice 5.0's in Mount Vernon, need to come down there sometime.

Do me a favor, go to Ford Square and see where they have my car LOL. I'm giving them a clutch and flywheel this week. Got the car back and had it 4 days before it ****ed up on me again, not too happy about that.

But yeah, I just wanted to see if you'd be down to run him or not. He's been trying to find another Paxton car to run on his 11psi (655whp) setting since there's only one here basically.

Last edited:

justinsstang

Established Member
He's been trying to find another Paxton car to run on his 11psi (655whp) setting since there's only one here basically.

How is he only at 655rwhp at 11psi with twins? Is that a mustang dyno or something? I swear I've seen those numbers on 8 psi with the on3 multiple times on a dynojet

And yes tell him if he wants to make the trip I have no problem racing. It's all for fun. And ouch about the clutch lol

Users who are viewing this thread