Opinions on Mt82 issue

fulanititoo8198

Established Member
I have 24k on the MT82 so far it's been an awesome trans with 100's of drag passes, drag radial launches, etc. Changed over to an RXT with Alum flywheel at around due to clutch slip and within approx 2000 miles i started having an issue. At first it shifted perfect now it will only shift from 2nd to 3rd under very light load & lower rpm . The upshift has to be delayed so that it will go in. However, on downshift I am able to blip and go from 4th to 3rd normally. Going to be sending to Ben Calimer for a build over the winter. I am thinking a Synchronizer, looking for input, thanks.

Vid of 2nd to 3rd
[video=youtube;DPy0ynGlBlo]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DPy0ynGlBlo[/video]

Last edited:

12KBCoyote

Established Member
Hey I'm new here, and just got my 2012 gt, it's not stock, but that doesn't seem to really matter with the two issues I have with this car sadly it seems to be universal. The one issue I have is the idling of this car,and the second is the 1-2 and 2-3 shift. Sometimes it's great and even after being warmed up it will still do it on occassion. One issue ford mentions is the pedals going dead and just being an on or off and no in between. So I'm wondering if anyone has found a shifter to help this issue at all?

blackbeast12

Dr. Frankenstang
Established Member
Remote shifter mounting causes big movement under heavy loads causing the shifter mechenism to jam up. I had the same issue tried all the band aids finally just had a tremec magnum installed. The bottom line is its a chinese assembled trans...you could have it rebuilt by rev auto, but i have a buddy who has been thru three mt-82's and now has a tremec on order!

Voodooo413

Established Member
Do yourself a favor and ditch that trans and get a Jericho. You won't be sorry. Especially if you drag race.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Raitzi

Established Member
There is long of mods that people have done to help in this issue. New clutch line., MGW race spec shifter etc. I would search forum old threads on this. Maybe I would first upgrade to MGW rac spec with braided clutch line before buying new expensive transmission. People are swapping to T56 magnum XL also to fix this.

t660

Established Member
There is long of mods that people have done to help in this issue. New clutch line., MGW race spec shifter etc. I would search forum old threads on this. Maybe I would first upgrade to MGW rac spec with braided clutch line before buying new expensive transmission. People are swapping to T56 magnum XL also to fix this.

Those long list of mods include a common phrase "it helped a bit"

I fking hate this tranny.

Users who are viewing this thread