Opinions on fore fuel system for e85 kb2.8 and install

cj428mach

Established Member
Does Anybody have pics of what a dead head setup looks like. Thanks. Just trying to inform myself on this. First time going return. I want to make sure I do it. right.

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

Thats why you should be contacting a guy like Malcolm to make sure you get what you need and also get some tech help during the install. The tuner is going to make money on you for the sale but isn't providing you with any support.

badcobra

It's Fast
Established Member
A few thoughts, take them for what you will. Find a dealer instead of buying direct, you will get better pricing. Also, consider your future and if you see 4 digit power. If you do, I'd get a triple pump hat like the CPe. Get the 274 pumps also. You don't need the fancy controller either, all you need is couple 40 amp relays.

blwn03sonic

venomous motorsports
Established Member
Thats why you should be contacting a guy like Malcolm to make sure you get what you need and also get some tech help during the install. The tuner is going to make money on you for the sale but isn't providing you with any support.

Very true. I did contact him. Just waiting to hear back for prices on some kits and feed back on some questions.

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

blwn03sonic

venomous motorsports
Established Member
A few thoughts, take them for what you will. Find a dealer instead of buying direct, you will get better pricing. Also, consider your future and if you see 4 digit power. If you do, I'd get a triple pump hat like the CPe. Get the 274 pumps also. You don't need the fancy controller either, all you need is couple 40 amp relays.

Thanks. My goals aren’t crazy. For now I think I’d be okay with a little over 700. Once I get the motor built with some cams. Maybe in the 800 range. That’s probably all. I’m leaning more into the system with the rails and keeping my 80’s for now with e85.

MG0h3

Established Member
Dig around in the archives here. The thread about wiring your pumps for factory prime has a lot of good info. Also the one about lowering fuel temps.

Like Badcobra said, you don't need that overpriced $300 "controller". I'm running two $7 dollar relays in its place.

Deadhead is when the regulator is before the rails. Maintains pressure and routes the uneeded fuel back to the tank before running through the rails.

blwn03sonic

venomous motorsports
Established Member
I have friend with a kit from lethal running the relay kit and no issues. Had it for 5 years

blownfox

Established Member
MalcolmV8 has the tread about lower the fuel temp and he also has a tech article on his website to prime the pumps the same way the factory does. Tech Articles

I only suggested the controller because it makes wiring the pumps very easy.

Sent from my SM-G920P using the svtperformance.com mobile app

Kyle_KleinSS

Established Member
Definitely dont get the 342s. I have one as my primary and I will be replacing it hopefully this weekend as I think the ethanol a few years back ruined it. I have 2-3000 miles on my fuel system and 4 years tops and the primary pump is shot. My secondary 465 is still great. Only thing I can think to blame is the ethanol.

blwn03sonic

venomous motorsports
Established Member
Definitely dont get the 342s. I have one as my primary and I will be replacing it hopefully this weekend as I think the ethanol a few years back ruined it. I have 2-3000 miles on my fuel system and 4 years tops and the primary pump is shot. My secondary 465 is still great. Only thing I can think to blame is the ethanol.

It will probably be the 264’s or 274’s

Nightmare302

OhChuteRacing Owner
Established Member
The 285 is the "new" hell cat pump. They are very stout and allow for dual pump setups to crack the 1krwhp mark. The 274's are very common and work well.

The FC2 is clean and fancy but 100% not NEEDED as mentioned before standard relays will work in their place. I put my relays under the spare tire cover (removed the spare) and route the wires through a grommet and use deutsch connectors to make it easy to drop the tank.

blwn03sonic

venomous motorsports
Established Member
So I ended up going with the L2 kit. The 262 pumps fc2 controller the f41. I also opted for the e85 intercept sensor fittings. I’ll upload pics once I get started. I’m also going to order the 3 1/4 pulley for the Kenne Bell.

cj428mach

Established Member
So I ended up going with the L2 kit. The 262 pumps fc2 controller the f41. I also opted for the e85 intercept sensor fittings. I’ll upload pics once I get started. I’m also going to order the 3 1/4 pulley for the Kenne Bell.

What e85 sensor? I know Malcolm was showing that they have very tiny line in the sensor. I think Malcolm had to build a y so the sensor can see the e85 but not restrict flow.

cj428mach

Established Member

What e85 sensor? I know Malcolm was showing that they have very tiny line in the sensor. I think Malcolm had to build a y so the sensor can see the e85 but not restrict flow.

blwn03sonic

venomous motorsports
Established Member
Sorry. Not the sensor but the fittings for the sensor. I didn’t get the sensor yet. I think it will come with the gauge. Like this one.
IMG_3195.JPG

GodStang

Established Member
Thanks. My goals aren’t crazy. For now I think I’d be okay with a little over 700. Once I get the motor built with some cams. Maybe in the 800 range. That’s probably all. I’m leaning more into the system with the rails and keeping my 80’s for now with e85.

Ya 80s are fine into the 800s. I love mine they have really done well. Can't wait to see pictures.

blwn03sonic

venomous motorsports
Established Member
Yes. I’m just waiting for the kit so I can get started. Looking forward to having a nice fuel system.

Brutal Metal

Established Member

blwn03sonic

venomous motorsports
Established Member
Any thoughts on relocating the battery and putting the regulator in that area.

Users who are viewing this thread