Opinions on best pulley combo for my Posi ported eaton

Best pulley combo

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

supraman1990

Established Member
Well, I finally have my BAP and 80lb injectors, so I'm ready to add a lower pulley to my Posi ported eaton.My question is, in everyone experience, what would be better? I currently have a 2.76 Billetflow upper, so would I be better off just adding a 4LB lower with my current upper, or would I be better of stepping up to a 2.93 upper, and a 6LB lower? I think I've heard somewhere that a larger lower with a larger upper will net slightly more torque? I also know that the bigger the better on the upper as far as insurance that their will be no belt slip. If anyone has any other suggestions feel free to add those as well, and thanks in andvance.

foxman92

Its slow
Established Member
i am running a 6lb lower, with a metco 2.9 upper, many people are running this combo.. but for some reason i get the feeling im overspinning this ole eaton! if you are going to drive the car Alot on the street with lots of spirited driving. then id say a 2.9/4lb combo is about the best to go.. heat soak is the problem with running more boost.. running less boost and more timing can also at times make more power due to less HEAT.. i might be switching my setup also.. idk if it will be a 4lb lower or a larger upper..

my car with the 2.9/6lb setup hits 19.5lbs of boost on the hit. then drops to 17.5-18 thru the pull..

Posi

Had a blast.
Established Member
^Don't forget he has a Killer Chiller waiting to be installed or you might not have noticed. OP what i/c resevoir do you have because you need one with enough fluid to support your full throttle pull without your i/c fluid going back through to many times and heating it up to much. The more fluid the colder it will stay.

Depending on what tb/plenum combo you're going to run to me depends on what pulley combo. If it's going to be a 2.76/4lb'er then a ported stocker will still do great. Now if it's a 2.9/6lb combo then a ported stocker will hold the car back just a little bit. I'd put a ported Dragon setup on the car for that combo but if you're going to go Twin Screw sooner or later you have to realize the Dragon really won't work unless you spend money modifying the inlet on the blower.

horspla2000

Established Member
I am trying to decide what I should do with mine. I have a 2 lb lower (it came with the lower setup used, and I just wanted to get it on knowing I could swap the ring when I got the supporting mods. I have a 2.93 upper and the 4 piece idler kit, so slip shouldn't be an issue. I have a 4# lower ring and a 6# ring, but I needed to wait til I got the supporing mods in order to install. I have 60# injectors waiting to go in and a BAP. I have stock intercooler res but I do have an Afco single pass HE. Once I get the supporting mods on, which lower should I use?? I have a Steggy stage 4, Accufab SBTB and a JLT RAI. I do highway driving at times, I want 100% reliability and longevity and don't want to hurt anything. The most I USUALLY do is a blast thru the gears here and there, and maybe a quick highway blast. Never @ WOT long and hard much. I'd like to do the 6#er, but my gut just says go w the 4#...... What should I do??

horspla2000

Established Member
^^ Of course this will be retuned after all the parts are on it. I will get a good safe 11.6 A/F tune with the timing back a little. I don't like to run on the ragged edge of any combo.

supraman1990

Established Member
Brian, im still on a stock reservoir, but plan on eventually going with a larger one either in the stock location, or in the battery location. Im also currently on the stock TB and inlet, and will eventually pick up one of your ported dragons and elbow either used, or possibly new if I can talk sweet enough to you threw an old school Cobra guy who is a mutual friend of ours to do me a new one. Keep the opinions coming guys, ill probably make a decision and pull the trigger on all this stuff by the end of August or so

Last edited:

ScreamingFast

Chicks love big Slicks!!
Established Member
I have 2.76 upper and looking to run a 4 pound lower I just need 60 lbs injectors. With the chiller ur IATs will be fine.

bambinov8

600WHP LOL
Established Member
I think the 2.93/ 4LB COMBO has been proven to be the best combo for a ported car or a 2.70/ 2lb can also work well .... The more boost you put on a lil eaton doesn't mean you will make more power . Coming from a guy that once was pullied , then ported , then Kb and finally 3.4 WHIPPLE .. I wouldn't run more than 15psi-16 on 1.6 heaton

SYMach1

IRS FTW!
Established Member
I love my 2.76/4lb combo, about to add long tubes to drop the boost, and shoot for 10s hoping to trap 128-129mph on the eaton

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

FiveOhJoe

Established Member
I am going 2.93/6lb. More belt wrap on the upper pulley plus a little bit more boost without spinning it too hard. I think Posi determined with his testing that 2.93/6 is the best combo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread