Opinions of a few AF bases/surrounding areas

crimsonclint

Established Member
When you headed out? I've got a house to rent... I would recommend Cobb Realty for your hosting needs. He is a retired Command CMSgt and they seem to do right by military folk.

My wife is driving out in the next week or two to house hunt. I'm not headed there until early April. PM me details on the rental if it's available. I'll pass the realty company info on to my wife. Thanks!

Branhammer

Established Member
You can do a lot worse than Tucson AZ, that's for sure. Pretty cool city. Not overly busy. Decent economy especially for military/former military (Raytheon has a big facility there). Good national parks and stuff if you're into that. I had a friend that was stationed out there and had no complaints. Now he's at Ft. Hood and has a lot of complaints.

Edit: I just noticed your location says Valdosta. Did you end up getting re-assigned to Moody AFB or something? If so, I was there for 3 years.

Last edited:

BA03COBRA

Established Member
I can tell you from being stationed at Elmendorf if you are into hunting, fishing, hiking and winter sports that is the place to go. Absolute hands down the best assignment I have had. The school on base is great. cant speak about off because my kid only went to kendergarten off base in wasilla, but it was good as well. Hospital o n base is awesome...it has a ER. The local hospitals are good as well. Lots to see and do there. I dont think you would ever regrt going there. Oh and in the summer its light till about 2am...not like noon light but it gets about dusk for a few hours. It is awesome. I would go back in a heart beat.

Users who are viewing this thread