Opinions Needed

8urBowtie

Ok guys, I need your help. Current Modifications that are in the works are: Bassani off-road x-pipe with an aft-cat system with the tip baffles removed, but what I need your opinions on is what do you think the best set of headers and cam to use with that combination exhaust on a 4.6 L DOHC 32 valve V8 5 spd Transmission?? I already have the Steeda Tri-AX short throw shifter and new racing clutch and a new Throttle body is on its way(75mm), also do you think i should go with 3.73's or 4.10's?. So any personal opinions would be greatly appreciated, on a side note here, my main goal with my car is to Completely drown out all the H-pipe ponies around here and to drown out my boyz and there SS' with their Y-pipe headers and cam combos. Thanks again.

P.S.-Any links to companies you think will be useful, send my way.

2F2F

[2 F]ast [2 F]urious
Established Member
> 3.73s or 4.10s?

Depends on where you spend most of your time. 3.73s for daily driving, 4.10s for the strip.

> ...best set of headers...to use...to...drown out all the H-pipe ponies...and SSs...

A set of Kook's long tube headers w/ high-flow h-pipe to a pair of Spin Tech Round: Pro Shoot Out mufflers. But since you have already decided on an X + CB, a set of Kook's or JBA mid-lengths...

Scream'nCobra

Cobra:No Substitute
Established Member
Dont know much about the 4.6 engines but everyone i know or have talked to says to go with 4.10's. Everyone says they are happy with 4.10's and unhappy with the 3.73's in there 4.6.

blk96SVT

Established Member
Originally posted by 8urBowtie
new Throttle body is on its way(75mm), also do you think i should go with 3.73's or 4.10's?. So any personal opinions would be greatly appreciated

Why and where are you getting a 75mm TB for a 4V Cobra? The stock twin 57mm TB works great unless you are supercharged, even then, I would either go with a twin 62mm or a twin 65mm TB. 75 is to big, it will probably hurt your cars performance. About the gears, go with the 4.10's! Thats what Im going to be getting here pretty soon.

Tim

Peter

Established Member
Get yourself some LT's and put in at least
4.10's (N/A), srcap the idea of a bigger TB,
you will loose power with one that big, spend the
money on a good CAI system.

Peter

postin the midnight oil..
Established Member
4.10's and twin 62mm tb.....don't even consider anything under 4.10's......how about 4.30's if you stay NA...A lot of guys that have gotten 4.10's wish they had gotten 4.30's intead(4.10's are exellent if you get a blower down the road..)

check'em out for cams...but expect to break out a 1g bill for a set..:cryying:modmax

Last edited:

Wildpony

Established Member
I wouldn't worry about getting cams. They cost too much and youprobably won't gain a whole lot of extra power. I would get a set of BBK or Bassani (I think they have them) Long Tubes. ( I'm hearing bad things about MAC for the 4.6's) As far as the throttle body, I would leave it alone as it they can give you problems and most of them don't do much better than stock except maybe Accufab or Billet Flow. On your set up you will do better powerwise to take the $$ you wanted to use to buy cams and get your intake ported/shorter runner length, (+20-30HP),underdrive pulleys (+10-15HP),longtubes/exhaust(+20-30HP),and a cold air filter kit or maybe a powerpipe. Also once you have the parts you want , get it tuned/chip burned. You should be able to beat your friend's "SS" w/cams etc.

As far as drowning out the other cars I prefer the sound of 2 chamber flowmasters,but they are prob. not the best for making max HP.

Users who are viewing this thread