Opinions about buying this Teal 93 Cobra f/s I just looked at?

WillyB93

Established Member
If you wanting a stock car I'd wait a little bit to see what else is out there. Teal gray cloth cars don't come up for sale that often but if you can deal with the leather there are plenty other rides for sale. Or if you'd consider another color I'm sure you can get a little more bang for your buck with a whole lot less work involved. Even if you have to sell off the stock stuff you have to help fund the lower mileage stock car you are looking for.

RDJ

ZERO shits given
Established Member
Major accident / title damage ? oh hell no ...

01/22/2003
Independent Source THEFT RECOVERY REPORTED
VEHICLE REPORTED STRIPPED
ENGINE TRANSMISSION AND OTHER PARTS MISSING
SEVERE DAMAGE REPORTED

Last edited:

yjblitz

Established Member
Major accident / title damage ? oh hell no ...

01/22/2003
Independent Source THEFT RECOVERY REPORTED
VEHICLE REPORTED STRIPPED
ENGINE TRANSMISSION AND OTHER PARTS MISSING
SEVERE DAMAGE REPORTED

x2

ryan319

Established Member
If you want a stock car just buy one. It might take some time to find one but you'll be ahead in the long run.

CTMach4.6

Established Member
If you want a stock car just buy one. It might take some time to find one but you'll be ahead in the long run.

Thanks guys for the feedback. Yeah i think that is where I'm at too. This car is the combo I've been looking for Teal/ grey cloth/ no sunroof/ cd player and it is 10th from the last one built! And its literally 5 miles away so I had to check it out. I'm not opposed to the mods, things have been changed but the car is not hacked like some Fox's I've seen that were semi race cars. With a little tlc and my attic full of parts I can return most of it back to original and be happy with the rest and it could be a nice car. He said he'd take 18 for it... I think he's dreaming. I feel as if its worth 10-12 and if the paint, 1/4 windows, and seat was all perfect maybe 15. Its crossed the line from collector car to your typical modified not so low mileage fox body in a Cobra shell. To put into perspective, I had this conversation with my buddy about the purchase. So lets say value wise dollar for dollar I trade him straight up my practically brand new condition 2003 Torch Red Mach 1 (1 owner 29K bone stock all original showroom mint, 305hp, 20-25mpg, 13.2 @104, 13in Cobra brakes, Mach 460, etc., get in & go no bullsh*t ). Even tho its its a Teal Cobra - my dream car, I think I'd be getting the short end of the stick. Because that car is going to be a "typical modified Fox" it would be nice to look at but won't be as get in and go reliably like the Mach is and will guzzle gas and drive me nuts... LOL

ryan319

Established Member
I noticed today that the listing was taken down so I called him he said he sold it for $17000!!!

I found this other one on the other end of the country, of course, but THIS is more of what I'm looking for... any opinions on this one?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/321534943777

Looks like the sale didn't go through cause it's back on ebay.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Ford-Mustang-COBRA-1993-ford-mustang-svt-cobra-beautiful-flawless-like-no-other-out-there-/331337957244?forcerrptr=true&hash=item4d2547ff7c&item=331337957244&pt=US_Cars_Trucks

CTMach4.6

Established Member
Yup... I drove by it tonight, its at a car dealer and its still in the showroom. I'd go 10-12 on it, just because its got a $12K drivetrain. LOL

Users who are viewing this thread