Opinion of ST Owners

M1GarandGuy

Established Member
Greetings, all. I'm considering selling/trading my '08 GT with CAI, tune, FRPP handling pack, and FR500 mufflers for a 2013 Focus ST. I know that the 2014's are already here but I've got a dealer willing to sell me one with Recaros and nav for $24,000 out the door.

Those of you who have gone from a Mustang to the ST, or daily driver the ST, what are your impressions? Do you miss the Mustang? Would you rather have the Mustang over the ST? I'm afraid of making a choice that I'll regret. I'd just like something more comfortable, with 4-doors, a warranty again, nav, and a 6-speed.

Thoughts? Thanks, everyone.

Zhart

Established Member
That's a good price for an ST.

Will you fit in the Recaros? Some big guys will not fit in these sears. I fit just fine, I'm 6 ft tall 175 pounds.

It's a fun car, replace the rear sway bar and throw in a short shifter and have at it. That's what I did with mine, not Big V8 power I can live with it. I didn't come from a Mustang.

I do have a BWM S1000RR, So I have all the power I need, LOL!

VADEi2

DAl2K FOl2CE
Established Member
That's a good price for an ST.

Will you fit in the Recaros? Some big guys will not fit in these sears. I fit just fine, I'm 6 ft tall 175 pounds.

It's a fun car, replace the rear sway bar and throw in a short shifter and have at it. That's what I did with mine, not Big V8 power I can live with it. I didn't come from a Mustang.

I do have a BWM S1000RR, So I have all the power I need, LOL!

It's a fun little car. Like stated above, replace the rear sway bar install the short throw shifter. I have a few mods on mine. CAI, exhaust, programmer, RMM, and steeda springs. Love the ride. Compared to a V8 well theres no comparison. But It's my DD and I love driving the dam thing.

jonb347

Established Member
I bought mine over a new 5.0L. Its way more fun to drive than the Mustang is. Its better in every way except straight line power. Read sids write up on it, he agrees with me. I have a Cobb AP, a Green filter, and a Steeda shifter bracket and I won't change another thing except maybe a steeda rear sway bar if I find a deal.

FISHTAIL

Will Work For Mods
Established Member
I came out of a 2011 5.0. I'll be the first to say I miss the hell out of the mustang. That being said, for daily use, the focus is a better car. It's a delight to drive, gets good gas mileage (I avg 27-29mpg) and I can haul my kid, wife and dog in the car without trouble. I can also flip the seats down and run to the store and get much larger items than I could ever fit in the 5.0.

On the flip side of that, the 5.0 had a much larger trunk..I could easily fit two full shopping carts of groceries in it, I averaged 21-22mpg, and I liked driving it more. However, if my kid was in the backseat, my wife was eating dashboard, and you could forget about the dog.

I sold the 5.0 because we are planning on expanding our family, and I simply could not fit my 3 year old behind me safely in that car. So it had to go, which sucks, but the focus is simply more practical while still being fun. ESPECIALLY in lousy weather..the mustang sucked balls in snow..my 03 cobra was easier to drive in the white stuff.

Screamin03Cobra

formerly 'pony2000gt'
Established Member
I am enjoying mine a lot and do not regret trading in my Civic SI on it one bit. Right now I'm just trying not to go too crazy buying parts for it :)

2004Droptop

Established Member
I kept the Mustang and DD the ST. I love it personally. Sounds crazy, I am so content driving it I listed the Cobra... 1/4 the HP but a hell of a lot of fun. All said before, handles great, good mpg (25-29 depends how hard its flogged), enough power to get around the morons out there and play around some.

A shifter bracket is a big plus, a tune and a filter will wake it up pretty well and cheaply.

The Recaros make or brake it for a lot people, got to test them out for yourself. I love them but my wife is not a fan.

If it matters it was a little too snug up front when I had my daughters rear facing seat it, Could not put it behind me or the middle.

The price seems good! Buy it!

Last edited:

Lazerred98cobra

Established Member
Coming out of 20 plus mustangs and 4 03-04 cobras I absolutely love my ST! It's a hoot to drive, handles like its on rails and has warranty! It hauls decent and is pretty good on fuel with 30 mpg highway and 25 mixed driving! I miss blowing off the tires on the cobras but this thing is overall more fun and no rattles or anything and all the modern gadgets don't hurt either! I'm 6' and 200 lbs and love the recaros as well.. The rear facing car seat can make the front tight but my wife is small and loves the ST over the mustangs! Buy It!!

Users who are viewing this thread