Operation Big Block Ford

Status
Not open for further replies.

TwinTurbo4vGT

Slowest GT alive :)
Established Member
Hey everyone. Decided to start on the car again after letting it sit for over a year from the engine getting destroyed by sandy. Luckily my car was out for the rest of the paint work when that happened. Decided to ditch the overly restrictive and expensive mod motor platform and go with something a little bigger :rockon: I will update with more pictures over the weekend!

Ford 460ci bored .080 over
Callie's billet steel crank 4.500 stroke (making it a ridiculous 568ci)
Callie's billet 6.700" rods
Custom made CP pistons
a460 ported heads
Lunati custom grind turbo cam
Jesel rocker arms
Milodon 4bolt main kit
CSR electric water pump
Big stuff 3 kit
Twin 76mm Precision Billet wheel turbos

Still undecided on transmissions right now but I'll have plenty or time for that later on.

Not a bad pickup for $125 :beer: I am extremely happy because it's the "Multiple X" casting block which is the strongest and most rare 460 block.
32cc4474c27b2d1db1a6f995c3141909_zpsb4816faf.jpg

f9830c0cb7ae33f9959acc48f2f65390_zpsc9b602d6.jpg

1db6565d9205d556b278bd05b38e5c4f_zpsd3d8cce1.jpg

Off to the machine shop!

70f8ead64a99c63f24eec0a0b778fc30_zps4db90237.jpg

Last edited:

jevans

Established Member
Hey everyone. Decided to start on the car again after letting it sit for over a year from the engine getting destroyed by sandy. Luckily my car was out for the rest of the paint work when that happened. Decided to ditch the overly restrictive and expensive mod motor platform and go with something a little bigger :rockon: I will update with more pictures over the weekend!

Ironically enough, I'm swapping my naturally aspirated 565c.i. BBF out for a 5.4 GT Headed Mod Motor with twin 7275's.

Looks to be a killer BBF platform you're building for the twins. I'm running a powerglide behind my BBF and plan to reuse it with the Mod Motor.

What car are you putting your combination in ?

What kind of horsepower are you looking to make with the new powerplant ?

Interesting build you have going. I'm definitely going to keep my eye on your thread. Good Luck with your project...

-John

Last edited:

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
That's definitely going to be a nasty beast, Chris. Keep us posted. Can't wait to see a video when the project is complete. :burnout: :rockon:

jleews6

Established Member
Cool combo and you should be able to meet your power goals by mistake. Those heads when ported right can move allot of air and with 560 cubes will make crazy power.
The only thing I see that I dont like is the block. I hope your going to at least use some good caps on it.
I think the best option fora trans will be a glide because its probably the only thing that will live (or a 400).
Good luck with it. it will make power,thats for sure.

*edit* just noticed you are using a 4 bolt kit.

Last edited:

truebluedevil02

Captain Jackstands
Established Member
That will be a SICK build. If memory serves, you don't want to use a lot of boost on a 460 if you bore it out over .060 as people had had cylinder wall failure. At least that's what I have read.

MTBSully

Established Member
Should make around 700rw NA. I'm looking to make around 1500 at like 10-15psi

The mod motors are nice but they are wayyyy to mainstream. WAY more power with this engine for a lot less money.

coffee_barista.jpg

Fixed it for ya

JK bro build looks like it is going to be insane. I will be following along for sure. Keep us updated:beer:

TwinTurbo4vGT

Established Member
What car is it going in??
it's going in my 2000 GT

Ironically enough, I'm swapping my naturally aspirated 565c.i. BBF out for a 5.4 GT Headed Mod Motor with twin 7275's.

Looks to be a killer BBF platform you're building for the twins. I'm running a powerglide behind my BBF and plan to reuse it with the Mod Motor.

What car are you putting your combination in ?

What kind of horsepower are you looking to make with the new powerplant ?

Interesting build you have going. I'm definitely going to keep my eye on your thread. Good Luck with your project...

-John
2000 gt my friend. Why are you swapping that beast out for a 5.4?

Make sure to allow for heat dissipation.

Love boosted 385 blocks!

Not sure where you are with the heads, but if that is still an option don't forget to look at Jon Kaase Jon Kaase Racing Engines - Cylinder Heads

Great build, Good Luck!

E
Jon kaase heads are nice but the a460 heads outflow the kaase heads. He really only makes stock reproductions of the CJ and SCJ heads whereas the a460s are entirely new castings.

coffee_barista.jpg

Fixed it for ya

JK bro build looks like it is going to be insane. I will be following along for sure. Keep us updated:beer:
thanks man cobra engines are definitely mainstream. When I start this car with this engine it's definitely going to turn a lot of heads because people aren't going to expect this inside of a 2000 Gt :rockon:

jevans

Established Member
it's going in my 2000 GT

2000 gt my friend. Why are you swapping that beast out for a 5.4

The 565 is naturally aspirated and is pretty radical. It makes about 900hp, the compression is up around 15:1 and has a pretty big camshaft. It can be street driven a little, but likes to overheat in traffic and has some serious seat pressure, so it's hard on the valvetrain.

It is a NMRA True Street car, so it's a little tricky with the 30 mile cruise. It has been 8.90's at 152 and has 60' in the high 1.20 on a 275 radial. With all that said, it still is better than a half a second off, depending which cars show up.

I've always wanted to do a Mod Motor in a Fox Body, so I started putting a new combination together for it. I will also be able to cruise it on the street a little more and enjoy it.

I've had about every possible combination and have run several quicker classes over the years. I actually enjoy cruising on the street as much as heads up racing these days.

Good Luck with your build, it's going to make some crazy numbers with the turbo's you're using. I agree with the A460 heads, they flow some good numbers. I have a set A460's on the 565, nice cylinder heads...

-John

TwinTurbo4vGT

Established Member
The 565 is naturally aspirated and is pretty radical. It makes about 900hp, the compression is up around 15:1 and has a pretty big camshaft. It can be street driven a little, but likes to overheat in traffic and has some serious seat pressure, so it's hard on the valvetrain.

It is a NMRA True Street car, so it's a little tricky with the 30 mile cruise. It has been 8.90's at 152 and has 60' in the high 1.20 on a 275 radial. With all that said, it still is better than a half a second off, depending which cars show up.

I've always wanted to do a Mod Motor in a Fox Body, so I started putting a new combination together for it. I will also be able to cruise it on the street a little more and enjoy it.

I've had about every possible combination and have run several quicker classes over the years. I actually enjoy cruising on the street as much as heads up racing these days.

Good Luck with your build, it's going to make some crazy numbers with the turbo's you're using. I agree with the A460 heads, they flow some good numbers. I have a set A460's on the 565, nice cylinder heads...

-John
ah I gotcha man. I love the mod motors just there aren't many options for them that aren't stupid expensive. I had a $4000 set of jesel rocker arms on my 4.6 and they are so small. I can get a set of beefy ass rocker arms for like $400!

I'm probably going to go with a built to hell turbo 400 with a gear vendors OD.

jevans

Established Member
ah I gotcha man. I love the mod motors just there aren't many options for them that aren't stupid expensive. I had a $4000 set of jesel rocker arms on my 4.6 and they are so small. I can get a set of beefy ass rocker arms for like $400!

I'm probably going to go with a built to hell turbo 400 with a gear vendors OD.

I got a smoking deal on the 5.4 Bridge built Mod Motor a while back, before they relocated back to Australia.

If you're not to deep in purchasing parts for your big block engine, I'm going to be selling off all my combination. You would have to swap pistons and camshaft. I have a pretty new powerplant that was built by BES and has a Ford Motorsports Block.

I would love to do a tricked out TH210 for my new combination, but it's definitely not in the budget right now. I figured I'd start with the powerglide, since I have it. It only cost me an ultrabell to make it work with the Mod Motor.

oldmodman

Established Member
I love the older, huge Ford motors. Especially the mountain motor stuff that John Kasse is building. 1500hpna!

All it takes in an enormous amount of cash:cryying:

jevans

Established Member
I love the older, huge Ford motors. Especially the mountain motor stuff that John Kasse is building. 1500hpna!

All it takes in an enormous amount of cash:cryying:

I hear ya...Can't beat the torque that the big block has when you stick the throttle. The 565 is the first real naturally aspirated race motor I've owned. It is a blast to cruise on the street and thumps like something crazy.

I've thought of hitting it with a small shot of nitrous just to see what it would pick up...:shrug:

A big block with a set of twin is going to be one crazy combination, can't wait to see what kind of numbers it's going to make.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread