Open Trackers/Autocrossers...Powrpads?

JoeNashville

Ghostrider
Established Member
I have a boatload of Powrpads from Paul Hacker Racing when they liquidated about 5 years ago, about 4 sets. I had originally intended on using them as street pad replacements, but now I have my doubts. They are P42a's, yellows. I was attracted to them for the high cf but I have not heard much else about them. Can anyone comment on noise, dusting, longevity, and judgment about using them as a street pad with about 5% autocross time per year?

The pads were originally intended for use on the Hacker 95R, but as I'm sure you guys are aware the same brakes were used from 94-04 on the Cobra models (excluding all but the 95R's of course ;) )

Last edited:

NJ2000R

Certified FORD Fanatic!
Established Member
I own the #00 hacker car, and bought a bunch of spares with it....did you buy anything else? I bought mine from the guy paul sold his to, not paul himself, but I spoke with paul last year, and he didnt think he had anything left....I dont know much about those pads, the ones I got with the car were hawk blues....

JoeNashville

Ghostrider
Established Member
I was talking to Paul since I was building a R clone until I decided I wanted the 03 Cobra. Then I sold everything I had except for the Powrpad yellows. I really don't know much about the Hacker Express...

But all I'm doing is lugging these pads around and I don't ever think I'm going to use them. Looks like you track your car, if you can use these brakes I'll make you a deal on everything I have. They were originally ~$250 per vehicle set, and I have 3 complete sets and one partial set (Paul used one front and one rear pad out of that set for some reason). PM if you could use them. Good pads for what you would want to use them for.

Users who are viewing this thread