Open Road Racing VIDEO

dkd58

Established Member
Originally posted by mbuono
Dave
Great idea to mount camera, will have to try that.
Looks like you had fun at SVT event. I went to Waterford Hills and Milan back in 2000 Fords first SVT Experence. This past May went to SVT event at Sebring and got to run road course, skid pad and autocross what a blast. Even got to meet KevinJKD there. Plan on going again on April 9-11. How about you Kevin?

Mike

Everybody had cameras out there. I had my camcorder with me and we kinda scrambled around last minute trying to figure a way to mount it. The experienced teams all had mounts on their roll-bars.

I'll tell you what, Waterford was an absolute blast. We had crappy weather and a wet track but I really enjoyed and benefited from having a couple of the "pros" ride along. I learned a great deal and operated the car outside of my comfort zone. Translation; very stimulating experience. Never did a skid pad or an autocross, I'll have to put that on my list!

69gt4speed

Svt God of All
Established Member
Dave, I really liked the video, I play those same songs too plus zztop I'm bad I'm nationwide. Got a sonic blue also. Good luck.:rockon:

Lethalchem

Sigmund Frod
Established Member
Nice video, but I can see why you wanted to go faster. Looked like a daily commute to work for me. :p

Have you done anything to your suspension or anything? It could just have been me, but it looked like you had a lot of nose lift when taking off. Maybe mine does that too and I never paid that much attention, I dunno.

What mufflers/exhaust setup do you have? Sounded good! :thumbsup:

dkd58

Established Member
Originally posted by Lethalchem
Have you done anything to your suspension or anything? It could just have been me, but it looked like you had a lot of nose lift when taking off. Maybe mine does that too and I never paid that much attention, I dunno.What mufflers/exhaust setup do you have? Sounded good! :thumbsup:

Totally stock suspension. The camcorder was mounted securely on the back deck so the lift is much more noticeable than when you are driving- I think our eyes automatically compensate or something.

My exhaust is a Magnaflow x-pipe and catbacks. I have a Steeda CAI that like any aftermarket intake enhances blower whine -which I personally enjoy hearing although some people don't I guess.

All my mods are in my sig (see first post) and I have them listed on my webpage too.

dkd58

Established Member
Originally posted by 69gt4speed
Dave, I really liked the video, I play those same songs too plus zztop I'm bad I'm nationwide. Got a sonic blue also. Good luck.:rockon:

ZZ rocks, I just got one of their newer cds, yeah, I actually purchased one instead of downloading it.

MINI_ME

Established Member
That vid was cool, staying on time looked like it would get more and more interesting as the speeds get higher. Great car/music sound, was definutly one of the better edited vids ive seen lately:beer:

Users who are viewing this thread