OOOOhhh SOOOOOOO close.......

SHONOFF98

Established Member
Went to Norwalk Dragstrip today (first time with the car out this year), got to see what kind of numbers I was gonna be able to put down with the power I am making. Well the first run was the best (unfortunately) and with cars braking left and right, and not to mention the fact that I couldn't do a burnout today FOR THE LIFE OF ME (bogged, stalled, and then smoked the clutch), I was done after 3 runs.

Removed the spare and rear seat
Dropped the BFG's to 14 PSI
Had 1/2-3/4 tank gas
Weighed in at 3315 (me in car, no spare or rear seat)
DA was ~ 2400

60'...............1.997
330'.............5.544
1/8..............8.430
MPH.............86.05
1000'...........10.915
1/4..............13.015
MPH.............107.67

Really was hoping to get a 12.6-7, I think I could have run that if I could have done a GOOD burnout to heat up the BFG DR's so they would hook. Shit, I was spinning first, got wheel hop in second, and sqwaked(sp?) 3rd and 4th gears. But all in all I do have a new PB. (previous best was a [email protected]).

Tyler
____

redfire03 svt

Established Member
wow man, that is great. I just got a 97 vert with bolt ons, and may try your combo down the road. What are the specs on the cam, name etc, and how streetable is it? Any unusual noises coming from the motor once the cams were in place? Did'nt mean to hijack the thread man :)

SHONOFF98

Established Member
Thanks guys...lol farted it out lol....The cams are VT stage 2 NA cams not sure on the specs off hand but you can go to their website vtengines.com and check them out, the cams are quite streetable with a rough idle at times ,which is no big deal (at least I know and others know I have some cams hahaha) but yea no unusual noises or anything my buddy and I installed them (hes a ford tech). I'm hitting the track first weekend in May to grab (hopefully!) my 12 sec slip

Tyler

AZSnake98

NVWSSV
Established Member
Congrats... I hope to see high 12's the first time i go as well.. My friend has a 88 notch that runs 12.5 all day and i keep up with him pretty well with 245 POS street tires and a screwed up tranny so we will see :)

Users who are viewing this thread