'OO R Tires.... laptop

Terry Moenich

Established Member
Chech your tires on the 00 R's mine have crackes between the tread! I plan to speak with BFG..

Also I will have a laptop at RA capable of scanning the processors on the 00R's and any other Ford 1996 and newer with the exception of Saleen S351's.( they screwed up the communications)

So if anyone (god forbid) gets a check engine light or a running problem, we can scan it .

Cobra-R

Established Member
Terry, I wouldn't mind hooking that up to my car just to see if there happens to be any stored codes. There can be codes and still not trigger the check engine light, right?

Brian

kevin

terry,

let us know what bf says. how many miles do you have on the tires? my originals have 3444 miles (half that track) and show no signs of cracking.

i bough an extra set quite a while back and have them stored in black plastic bags in the basement. did this cause bf didn't make enough tires to reshod all 300 cars.

Cobra-R

Established Member
Two of the four tires on my original R leaked air from day one. Havn't inspected them for cracks, but they deffinately leak air. I put street tires on, so it doesn't matter now.

Brian

Terry Moenich

Established Member
BFG said Ok to 4 new tires, I have only 700 miles on the car.

Brian. To my knowledge, a code usually triggers the check engine light. We can put the lap top on it and check it though. I will be at tech very early on Thursday.

Andy M

Established Member
Originally posted by kevin
terry,

let us know what bf says. how many miles do you have on the tires? my originals have 3444 miles (half that track) and show no signs of cracking.

i bough an extra set quite a while back and have them stored in black plastic bags in the basement. did this cause bf didn't make enough tires to reshod all 300 cars.

Kevin,

So.. am I to understand that BFG will not be able to supply me/us with tires for the R now or in the future? Do they not use these tires on other high performance machines?

kevin

my understanding from bf is that they did a special limited run for these cars only. they wouldn't say flat out, indicated that there weren't enough for a second set for each car. this was three or so months ago.

kevin

i haven't looked for street tires (i got a second set of bf's a while back - they're in black bags in the basement)

for track use i use hoosiers, the only ones with 18" tires. you could go with the 95r wheel and change the tire size to match the existing 18" wheel tire combo.

Andy M

Established Member
Kevin,

Can the hoosiers be used on the street also?? or are they strictly for track use? Because, I would like a tire I can drive on the street AND at the track, at least for now.

Thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread