Ongoing camaro rivalry

LEADfoot927

Established Member
I have been having an ongoing rivalry with my buddy's 2014 camaro SS ls3 manual. He has every bolt on imaginable (intake, heads, cam, headers, throttle body, etc) I have a 2011 GT500. When I was stock we ran dead even over and over at every speed. I figured he was around 490whp. When I was at 537whp when I installed vmp pulley I walked him pretty good consistently.

I now have a trinity 2.3 blower swap and make 606whp/ 611 tq. He has installed a nitrous kit and wants to run me with a 150 shot. What do you guys think the outcome be be like?

Sent from my SM-G930V using the svtperformance.com mobile app

oldstv

Established Member
Premium Member
Not sure of the outcome but LS motors LOVE nitrous. I had a 100 shot on an ls2 gto and cut a full second off my 1/4 mile time.

WhiTriCobra

PDP
Established Member
I ran a 5th gen SS awhile back at the track. It wasn't an intentional run but remember seeing and hearing it. It had big n little's on it and definitely a cam and exhaust. When we all got back in our cars to finally start running again, I backed up to the water box and did my thing. Staged at the light and looked over to see the Camaro. Thought "sh*t" he might get me but then again, I was lined up to get a great time vs racing someone. But on this run, 2nd run, I was set up for the 100 wet shot. Tree went off and I just see this SS leaped hardcore and a sec later I was leaving. He definitely had a good lead on me but I walked him down by mid 1/4 and definitely beat him at the traps. I ran a 11.4 @121mph. If I had to guess, he might have been a high 11 or low 12. I bet he was all smiles on the launch and about half way down...till he saw me catch up and walk away.

I think you will edge him out.

badmpg03

Established Member
I ran a heads cam stalled T/A with 150 shot - put a car on him, then he put a car on me after I was heat soaked.
I am 640 whp in a '04 which is lighter than a gt500, but the LS1 T/A's are lighter than this late gen camaro...I think it will be a close race for you.

Users who are viewing this thread