One Oil to Rule Them All???

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator
Let's suppose that you only wanted to keep a single oil on hand for all your cars, trucks, equipment, etc; what would you buy? I would lean towards Amsoil's HD 15w40. I like the protection offered by a 40w and I don't live in a cold enough environment to be concerned about a lot of cold flow performance. HD 15w40 is Amsoil's best diesel oil. It can handle a lot of pressure, is shear stable, and has a stupid high TBN. I'm tempted to try it in some of the gas engines around the house to see how it performs. Thoughts or opinions?

Link to Amsoil HD 15w40

oldmodman

Established Member
Here in always warm California that would serve me just fine.

From my Cobra down to my rototiller it would be just fine. Might get slightly poorer mileage but not enough to matter.

I wonder if they will ever have a Black Friday sale on a 55 gallon drum with free shipping?

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator
Here in always warm California that would serve me just fine.

From my Cobra down to my rototiller it would be just fine. Might get slightly poorer mileage but not enough to matter.

I wonder if they will ever have a Black Friday sale on a 55 gallon drum with free shipping?

That's basically what I was thinking.

UnleashedBeast

Engine Lubrication Guru
Established Member
No Black Friday events happen at Amsoil that I am aware of. However, I can get a 55 gallon drum of this to your residential address for $1,535.00 any business day of the week. No special event price required. This includes lift truck fee.

Normal price is $1771.10 + shipping and lift truck fee. ($19xx.xx est.)

Last edited:
I love Amsoil products period.

And you know what, to Unleashed Beast's credit who always takes the time to respond to people on here with extensive detail, I have never looked back after dumping their oil in my Cobra. I actually have tried to drive my car harder just knowing Amsoil is in there.

I mean that's the real test of time so to speak, if you're going for a more expensive oil. Makes no sense to me to spend that kind of coin and not pout it to the test. That's rubbish.

Glad we have legit Amsoil supporters on here.

For years the 'marketing scheme' of Amsoil talk caused me to believe it was an inferior oil. I missed out all those years.

Amsoil. :burnout:

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator
No Black Friday events happen at Amsoil that I am aware of. However, I can get a 55 gallon drum of this to your residential address for $1,535.00 any business day of the week. No special event price required. This includes lift truck fee.

Normal price is $1771.10 + shipping and lift truck fee. ($19xx.xx est.)

What would you think of running HD Marine in all your stuff?

JetmechF16

Under Pressure
Established Member
Premium Member
Top Shelf Gentlemen
Sweet, I run their 5w-30 low-SAPS euro oil in my diesel GC. After the DPF gets deleted I can run a wider selection.

50blackout

Established Member
Wow this one is easy: Mobil 0w-40, works great for anything that would need 30 wt oil (its on the thin side; any thinner and it would be a 30 wt) has a great additive package, great for winter and summer, and it holds up well on the track.

98 Saleen Cobra

Established Member
My 6.7 hated that oil.. I got the typewriting noise with it.. Switched back to 5w40 diesel. It went away.. Kinda sucks as I wasted 170 bucks :(.. Gonna give the oil with 400mi to my buddy with a 7.3

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator
My 6.7 hated that oil.. I got the typewriting noise with it.. Switched back to 5w40 diesel. It went away.. Kinda sucks as I wasted 170 bucks :(.. Gonna give the oil with 400mi to my buddy with a 7.3

Weird. I didn't notice any difference with my 6.4.

cant wait to see it. is it from your pony? and how many miles are you sending in for the tests?

It was in our 2009 F-350 tow vehicle. We ran it for 5,000 miles, including a trip from Fresno, CA to Myrtle Beach, SC grossing 19,000 pounds (IIRK). About 85% of that OCI was spent towing. That should be a decent test.

98 Saleen Cobra

Established Member
^ I don't quite understand what you mean by that.. The truck manual says it can use that oil, it's one of the recommended ones. My truck can use 3 different types of oil depending on use.. 5w40 10w30 15w40, From what I've gathered with the 6.7 people get the typewriting noise with the 15w oil.. Everyone doesn't have it with the 5-10w.

Users who are viewing this thread