One of the First GT500's to be Delivered

FLYIN

Warheads on Foreheads
Established Member
Although the price difference is huge, I remember being 21 and buying my 03 Cobra and being so excited and thrilled to have the most badass Mustang available at the time.

Those were the days. I was a little older. 25 when I bought mine. My first new car that I bought all on my own. I remember reading about them coming out as a brand new Marine Corps 2nd Lt. Was thinking man I wish I could get one of those some day. 3 years later I thought I had missed out but found out they still had 2004s on dealer lots and I finally was in position to get one. First cool car I ever owned. Was a daily for all of about two months until I figured out being under 25 years old that I could pick up a daily driver that would essentially pay for itself because of the insurance decrease I got for the Cobra not being my daily driver. Haha

andymarkv

Established Member
these cars will be running bottom 10s at 135+ in below sea level DAs with tires and a more experienced driver.
Not sure what the DA was, but Evan Smith is an experienced driver and ran a 10.614....
To be running numbers like that from an inexperienced driver is impressive....AND scary!!

Last edited:

CompOrange04GT

Anyone have a strap on my girl can use on me?
Established Member
GT500 actually comes out... runs a time.. few pages.

Corvette PICTURE comes out... 30 pages.

lol

Serpent

Bike or Cobra?
Established Member
Those were the days. I was a little older. 25 when I bought mine. My first new car that I bought all on my own. I remember reading about them coming out as a brand new Marine Corps 2nd Lt. Was thinking man I wish I could get one of those some day. 3 years later I thought I had missed out but found out they still had 2004s on dealer lots and I finally was in position to get one. First cool car I ever owned. Was a daily for all of about two months until I figured out being under 25 years old that I could pick up a daily driver that would essentially pay for itself because of the insurance decrease I got for the Cobra not being my daily driver. Haha
There was a capt or major in camp pen driving around in a snake skin green 08 Viper convertible back in 2008. 100% he got that when we came back from a deployment. Was probably the most bad ass car on base.

Can’t wait to see these kids start stuffing these cars....
I dont think many kids will be stuffing this car, one is the price, sure there are kids with rich parents everywhere, but this isnt the 30-40k mustang of back then. Also, to have a GT500 now, they must have paid ADM. I think speedphenom's parents paid 20k in adm to get the GT500.

tones_RS3

I like members members.
Established Member
Premium Member
lol
I'd still rather have the new GT500 than the new C8/C8Z51.
NOW,.........if you're talking a C8 Z06 car, that "may" be a different story. lol

Coiled03

Established Member

lol

That's because we have a lot of closet ricers around here. They're the people who always throw around terms like "bang for the buck" when they're talking about buying a C8 over a legitimate exotic.

gimmie11s

I Race Pontiacs
Established Member
Premium Member
That's because we have a lot of closet ricers around here. They're the people who always throw around terms like "bang for the buck" when they're talking about buying a C8 over a legitimate exotic.

33999043-0239-4-BD3-A622-320401-AAF14-B.gif

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

blk02edge

Established Member
Wtf is wrong with that? Didnt know you were so loaded rolling around in Aventadors impressing all the old dudes and children

CompOrange04GT

Anyone have a strap on my girl can use on me?
Established Member
I'd still rather have the new GT500 than the new C8/C8Z51.
NOW,.........if you're talking a C8 Z06 car, that "may" be a different story. lol

Id love one of them. I think I could afford it. If I truly wanted to.. but

I don’t think my beater ass 350z has gotten 10 miles in 2 years.. my Camaro got MAYBE 2500 miles in the year I had it.

it’s one of those .. I know I’d LOVE to drive a new vette.. but then I have to insure you. Do maintenance on it.. pay for gas... etc.. then deal with idiot drivers that may Hit my ~80k car

my 350z has a “ storage “ policy on it.. and costs me something like 10-15 a month.

I drive my truck everywhere since company pays for it.. the gas.. the maintenance. So I see no point in driving another car.

BlksvtCobra01

Deplorable and Proud
Established Member
Id love one of them. I think I could afford it. If I truly wanted to.. but

I don’t think my beater ass 350z has gotten 10 miles in 2 years.. my Camaro got MAYBE 2500 miles in the year I had it.

it’s one of those .. I know I’d LOVE to drive a new vette.. but then I have to insure you. Do maintenance on it.. pay for gas... etc.. then deal with idiot drivers that may Hit my ~80k car

my 350z has a “ storage “ policy on it.. and costs me something like 10-15 a month.

I drive my truck everywhere since company pays for it.. the gas.. the maintenance. So I see no point in driving another car.

Lol wanna be six figure much. Excuses excuses at the end. Look at me look at me, you still owe Screw-Rice $300.00 you can’t repay him but could probably afford a GT500. Right.

dac1470853b2d3fb60cd44dbf91430c0.gif

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

gimmie11s

I Race Pontiacs
Established Member
Premium Member

Sinister04L

RIP Kane
Established Member
I don't hate the Youtuber kid. Usually I do, especially since my nephew is all "I wanna be a Youtuber!" which I thought was weird, but apparently all the kids his age (he's 11) are the same way.

I admit he does have a very punchable face (the Youtuber, not my nephew. Well sometimes LOL).

Car is totally badass though. I wouldn't get it in all black. I do like the look of the handling pack parts which I didn't think I'd get, but this makes me think maybe. Now the question is, do I want a GT500 or a C8? Both are badass in their own right.

tones_RS3

I like members members.
Established Member
Premium Member
I don't hate the Youtuber kid. Usually I do, especially since my nephew is all "I wanna be a Youtuber!" which I thought was weird, but apparently all the kids his age (he's 11) are the same way.
I admit he does have a very punchable face (the Youtuber, not my nephew. Well sometimes LOL).
Car is totally badass though. I wouldn't get it in all black. I do like the look of the handling pack parts which I didn't think I'd get, but this makes me think maybe. Now the question is, do I want a GT500 or a C8? Both are badass in their own right.
Both are very bad ass, but I can't get over the interior of the C8.
I love how much customization you can do with the C8 though. Very cool.

Serpent

Bike or Cobra?
Established Member
ometimes LOL).
No brainer, GT500. The C8Z is the vette to buy.

CobraKid04

Established Member
705 at the wheels? Holy...

I think those are uncorrected STD numbers.

Probably 670-680 SAE. Still beastly.

While this car is clearly a beast, I'm still not really interested unless it's a manual. I know primitive thinking, but that's what I enjoy in my "fun" vehicle.

Users who are viewing this thread