One of my favorite races

Driver500

Established Member
Me: 2003 Mustang GT. Twin Turbo, stock sounding exhaust, v6 badges, trunk, bumper...everything. Rolling on chrome Fr500s and nitto 555rs.

Car is making close to 600 at this point but looks and sounds like a bolt on v6 with wheels.

Him: Fbody Camaro .. Looked and sounded pretty stock. Maybe a flowmaster.

Setting - Early Sunday morning I'm out cruising around enjoying the nice cool morning with the windows down. I roll up to a red light and it's just me and him on an empty 4 lane hwy with nothing but a couple miles of asphalt in front of us. We both know what's up.

I ask him what he's got done. "Cut the mufflers off this morning." he says.

He asks me.. "Intake and Exhaust".. The standard answer.

The light goes green and we both stab it. Not much wheel spin from me and I was surprised to see him hook up as well. We stayed dead even through the entire pull. I was surprised but equally impressed with the other sleeper.

I never did get the mod list. It's just not a question you ask when both cars are obviously under the radar. But that race is still my all time favorite. Two 10 second sleepers.. each expecting to put the hurt on the other end up being perfectly matched. Gave the guy a thumbs up and went on my way.

BlueSnake01

Established Member
Battle of the sleepers! So who took the win?
Funny thing, if I would've seen either car, I would probably not even pay any attention since I would think it'll be a waste of time on my end. Little would I know, I would get blown by both cars. Good race!

S8ER01Z

Established Member
I know mine flys under the radar but it's a turd. I'm not sure how you would keep one quiet enough to not notice it's a beast. Badass cars sounds like a great race.

Mr. Mach-ete

Liberals Suck
Established Member
Man some serious bold faced lies going on there, classic race. "yea man, just a KN filter here".:lol:

ITRIEDEL

Established Member
haha that's an awesome story. Both expecting to put a beating on the other, yet neither can shake one another...

I bet you both were thinking the same thing on the way home...

da5deuce

heatsoaked
Established Member
I am literally mind blown that yall were door to door, and to say that you have a 10sec car and expecting to beat the other car badly but you guys are even. How RARE of a situation is that?! Nice run though

Sent from my tuna boat note using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:

whipplecharged0

Established Member
My mind would have been blown away if something like that had ever happened to me. Sounds like an awesome match up and fun race

Users who are viewing this thread