One of my 2 fuel pumps stopped working

Wings65288

Established Member
Party Liquor Posse
Any suggestions on where to start?

Lethal budget return fuel system.
Pulled each fuse in trunk that feeds the fuel pumps. The first fuse I pulled I turned it to "key on" and I could hear the pump. Put that fuse back in and pulled the other one and turned it to "key on" and heard nothing. Both fuses were good and getting continuity.

Checked #14 fuse in engine compartment and that one was good.

Bad pump?

GodStang

Established Member
Bad pump or less likely bad wiring. Only reason I mention wiring is a buddy pulled his tank last week and it was a bad wiring harness and not the pump like originally thought.

Wings65288

Established Member
Party Liquor Posse
Bad wiring as in INSIDE the tank? Either way I think the tanks gotta come out lol. Wasn't looking forward to that but oh well

Wings65288

Established Member
Party Liquor Posse
FYI So I confirmed the fuel pump was bad. It was a Deatschwerks DW300C fuel pump. I have a DivisionX hat and was wondering if anyone knows of a Walbro pump will plug right on and work with it the DivisionX hat. I'm going from a 340LPH to a 430LPH pump (would be changing both). My tuner said the tune should be fine as long as the fuel regulator does it's part at maintain the pressure. I'll log it when I put them in if this is the route I go. Here's the pump specifically:

TI Automotive F90000267 Fuel Pump

Last edited:

SsnakeSVT03

Established Member
FYI So I confirmed the fuel pump was bad. It was a Deatschwerks DW300C fuel pump. I have a DivisionX hat and was wondering if anyone knows of a Walbro pump will plug right on and work with it the DivisionX hat. I'm going from a 340LPH to a 430LPH pump (would be changing both). My tuner said the tune should be fine as long as the fuel regulator does it's part at maintain the pressure. I'll log it when I put them in if this is the route I go. Here's the pump specifically:

TI Automotive F90000267 Fuel Pump

Sorry to bump this old post. But what was your mod list/blower set up on the car when you ran the DW300C pumps? What power level were you at?

Wings65288

Established Member
Party Liquor Posse
Oh no worries Daddy... 2.3 VMP with all the supportings pushing 630 or so running 10.3X @ 138's or so. Ive upgraded all that since then even the fuel system. Walbro 430's now with a -10 feed and -8 return on some id1300x's.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread