One last video tribute to my Cobra, N/A

RippinSVT

SVT Afficianado...
Established Member
[ame="http://videos.streetfire.net/video/Supercharged-98-Lincoln_69683.htm"]http://videos.streetfire.net/video/Supercharged-98-Lincoln_69683.htm[/ame]

This was the only track video I had of my car N/A, this was the slowest pass of the day, hot off the highway. It ran consistent 13.1's at 106-108mph hotlapping and launching barely off idle and granny-shifting (I was 300 miles from home and was worried about axles/clutch). I think could eat a sandwich between gears after watching that video. lol

Don't believe in factory-freaks? This car at the time had only intake, MAF, and exhaust. In factory form it trapped 105mph consistently in decent air, and 101-102 in really terrible air.

I will FINALLY be driving my car this weekend with the turbo since I've been at school since I had it tuned. At 5psi (wastegate spring minimum), the tuner says that judging by the MAF-counts versus injector size, plus SOTP feel, he thinks it's at or over 450rwhp. At 5psi. That's 5...psi.

Oh, and it wieghs just under 3000lbs now. I can't wait to get at all these pullied-Eaton 03's.

Last edited:

RippinSVT

SVT Afficianado...
Established Member
Thanks man, hoprefully pics/vids this weekend.

BTW guys, that Lincoln moved out, it was a fully gutted car on slicks with a blower. Not bad for a grandma car!

RippinSVT

SVT Afficianado...
Established Member
I don't know what it's making, but I'll dyno it soon. All I know is that based upon the datalogs and using some math, my tuner (who has tuned hundreds of 300-900rwhp Mustangs) said he wouldn't be surprised if it made 450rwhp. I was thinking more like 420-430 though. He just said based on the MAF counts, injectors, and a/f ratio that the BSFC is right on par with a car at that power. Now, turbos also eat a little more fuel, so I'm thinking it'll dyno lower. Who knows, I'm not getting my hopes up though. I could really care less what it puts down as long as it runs good.

RippinSVT

SVT Afficianado...
Established Member
I do know guys though that have made 540-550rwhp at 10-11lbs with a turbo though. That being said, I expect it to be far higher than a blower at similar boost.

RippinSVT

SVT Afficianado...
Established Member
Hopefully. Ican't seem to find the cable that connects my computer to my camera, but I am looking.

WhiteFoxGT

Resident Ford Tech
Established Member
Great times dude....

not tryna steal your shine, but my car does consistant 13.1-13.2s when it had 3.73s and an o/r x pipe....@ 104-105

Got pics of the new setup?

scotty98

8 Ribs
Established Member
well its about time. keep us posted on the dyno and get some pics & vids up asap. and i could see 450 @ 5-6 psi on a turbo, cause i made 450 @ 8psi on a s/c. and turbos are more efficient then s/c. and will make more power at the same psi then a s/c.:beer:

RippinSVT

SVT Afficianado...
Established Member
It's been a year and half since I began this fiasco. Too long. I go to school 200 miles from home, so I never had time to dedicate to the car. Money also became super-tight since I have a DD Cavalier, this Cobra, a '64 Falcon project, and a '69 Bronco...and a speedboat. Too many toys, not enough dough or time for all of them. I'm just glad it's done. I gotta change an inner tie-rod saturday morning, then I'll be out running it in the good 70 degree air.

Users who are viewing this thread