On3 Single Turbo Kit

FM58

Established Member
I have also been thinking about going with the On3 single kit and still running the CJ intake. Hope I can get this done. Keep us posted.

5.bye

Established Member
Just a little update: Been really busy lately and haven’t got around to send my rotating assembly off to get balanced, but I will be doing that this weekend. After that’s finished, I will drop the motor off to the builder and hopefully will be ordering the T6 80mm (instead of the 88mm) by the end of this month or beginning of January.

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

5.bye

Established Member
Another update: Dropped my motor off to the builder and also ordered the On3 Single kit. I did end up getting the 76/75 because after speaking with multiple people on here and on Facebook, I came to the conclusion that the 76/75 can get me to power goals quite easily. With that being said, I have six more parts that I absolutely need to buy before startup and after I get those, we’ll be rockin’ and rollin’ getting this thing up and running.

jeffs

Established Member
Another update: Dropped my motor off to the builder and also ordered the On3 Single kit. I did end up getting the 76/75 because after speaking with multiple people on here and on Facebook, I came to the conclusion that the 76/75 can get me to power goals quite easily. With that being said, I have six more parts that I absolutely need to buy before startup and after I get those, we’ll be rockin’ and rollin’ getting this thing up and running.

Very cool man. I have quite a bit done, but my work has been going crazy with OT, so I've been at a stand-still for the last 2 weeks. I wish I would've just ordered this kit last spring, I'd be up and rolling good by now. What optional stuff are you going with?

5.bye

Established Member
Very cool man. I have quite a bit done, but my work has been going crazy with OT, so I've been at a stand-still for the last 2 weeks. I wish I would've just ordered this kit last spring, I'd be up and rolling good by now. What optional stuff are you going with?

Mine is about to get crazy as well, bout to start working 5 twelves at night. I went with 5” bar and plate intercooler upgrade, Bumper Exit Exhaust, Billet Vacuum Distribution Block, Wideband Gauge, Transmission temp gauge, Boost gauge, and Oi Pressure Gauge. I will have some more stuff to order before the first startup though. I’m looking around May-June to be back up and running.

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

jeffs

Established Member
Awesome man, that bumper exit exhaust would surely simplify alot of work on the installation. I was just worried it'd be pretty loud in the car for regular driving.

5.bye

Established Member
Awesome man, that bumper exit exhaust would surely simplify alot of work on the installation. I was just worried it'd be pretty loud in the car for regular driving.

I don’t think it’ll be too terribly loud. I know a guy running a CPR Kit with a bumper exit and he’s sent me a couple in-car videos of the acceleration and it doesn’t seem that loud. Which it is a video, but we’ll just have to see.

jeffs

Established Member
I don’t think it’ll be too terribly loud. I know a guy running a CPR Kit with a bumper exit and he’s sent me a couple in-car videos of the acceleration and it doesn’t seem that loud. Which it is a video, but we’ll just have to see.

The simplicity is what would be cool for sure. Or possibly install a small glass-pack between the turbo and bumper if it ends up being too loud.

5.bye

Established Member
56945893148__B6BFF57B-0979-4606-AEC4-C9B7A6E06DDE.JPG

Hot damn!

jeffs

Established Member
Fired mine up yesterday! Unbelievably quiet! Haven't driven it, just a few little revs to 4K, now I'm getting anxious, but there's a boat-load of snow on my street so it'll be a while before doing any tuning / logging. Love how quiet this is with the full exhaust set-up, probably a dream on the highway to / from the track this summer, cannot wait!

jeffs

Established Member
For anyone doing an install on this kit, don't waste your time with the sandwich oil filter adapter to get oil to your turbo, mine certainly leaked, and have read of several others as well. I simply purchased a small 1/4" female NPT "T", short 1/4" npt nipple, and a 1/4" X 1/8" npt bushing to tap into the cars oil pressure sending unit. I used the same black aluminum 90* 1/8" npt fitting that goes into the adapter On3 provides but instead of threading into the adapter, I have it threaded into the bushing I mentioned above, working good,no leaks now.

5.bye

Established Member
IMG_2468.JPG

Got bored and decided to mount the 5” bar and plate intercooler today. Used a jack to hold the intercooler up so I could start the bolts at the top. Once threaded I lowered the jack and noticed that it was rubbing on the radiator. So I found some 1/4” spacers and swapped out 6 of the 8 OEM bolts with some longer bolts that I had laying around that had the same threads. Fairly easy installation other than the OEM bumper support being welded and bolted. Just had to use a reciprocating saw and metal blade to cut the top two welds and bent it back and forth to break the bottom welds and off she went.

Users who are viewing this thread