On3 single turbo build

mr99svtcobra

Established Member
After getting bored with my Vortech I decided to go turbo standard on3 kit with the 70mm turbo

First things first had my 99 cobra motor rebuilt with Manley rods Pistons stock heads 9.5 1 comp

w96wi9.jpg

Spec stage 3 bolted up ready to be dropped in
sbix6g.jpg

Motor dropped in

m68eo.jpg

Decided to put together my own catch can with braided lines and fittings

5l5nrt.jpg

Catch can put together

ienivd.jpg

Last edited:

mr99svtcobra

Established Member
I also did away with the coolant cross over pipes and used the on3 delete kit

rhiquc.jpg

Box of goodies

2ujhzlx.jpg

Headers and merge pipes installed and wrapped ran into an issue where the driver side header was rubbing the teamz kmember had to grind down the kmember slightly for the header to fit

2ccqa2f.jpg

Turbo instaled

imtcba.jpg

Down pipe and waste gates installed also ran my wideband O2 to the down pipe and also ran the oil feed line for the turbo

2rq22pu.jpg

Last edited:

apex svt

MEAN STREAK
Established Member
Nice build, looks real clean so far. What numbers are you shooting for?

mr99svtcobra

Established Member
I also ran the cold side piping I didn't use the on3 intercooler since I had a threadstone 4core from my blower set up already mounted. I have to say I love the cold side pipping went on so perfectly and so clean

vnz76x.jpg

352lm6x.jpg

juepn4.jpg

That's all for tonight I had a wrestling match with the dip stick tube trying to get it back in and it made me call it quits for the night

All have left is the dip stick tube ?fuel injectors , slot style maf (I don't know which to get as of yet), run the oil filter relocation lines, and run the oil return line for the turbo

Last edited:

Fitzy_1227

Established Member
Wow pretty awesome wish I had a cobra but my 03 gt is pretty nice imo but I can decide either kenne bell, on3 turbo or hellion turbo it I don't know exactly what I would need to build turbo kit with on 3 and I heard it was pretty shitty quality is that true?

mr99svtcobra

Established Member
Wow pretty awesome wish I had a cobra but my 03 gt is pretty nice imo but I can decide either kenne bell, on3 turbo or hellion turbo it I don't know exactly what I would need to build turbo kit with on 3 and I heard it was pretty shitty quality is that true?

As far as quality goes it's looks great honestly but I don't know how it will hold up in the long run. I for one refuse to pay 8k plus for a turbo kit. I'm an automotive technitian so a leak here or there is not a big deal for me to custom fab or fix but you get what you pay for. In all honesty for the 2100 this kit cost me im very impressed and everything lined up so far only time will tell about the quality.

Fitzy_1227

Established Member
As far as quality goes it's looks great honestly but I don't know how it will hold up in the long run. I for one refuse to pay 8k plus for a turbo kit. I'm an automotive technitian so a leak here or there is not a big deal for me to custom fab or fix but you get what you pay for. In all honesty for the 2100 this kit cost me im very impressed and everything lined up so far only time will tell about the quality.

Well that really did help me narrow it down between on3 single turbo and the kenne bell I am by no means even close to a technician but I do do most of the work on my car and the things I don't I make it a priority to learn it so next time I will do it myself but I think a turbo is a little outside of my capabilities but a supercharger seems relatively easy to install if you can provide any input on which I should get because the money I save on the turbo I will be spending on install cost of do you think a supercharger is harder than I think it is.

mr99svtcobra

Established Member
Well that really did help me narrow it down between on3 single turbo and the kenne bell I am by no means even close to a technician but I do do most of the work on my car and the things I don't I make it a priority to learn it so next time I will do it myself but I think a turbo is a little outside of my capabilities but a supercharger seems relatively easy to install if you can provide any input on which I should get because the money I save on the turbo I will be spending on install cost of do you think a supercharger is harder than I think it is.

Depends man when I got my vortech supercharger I knew nothing about cars I just followed the instructions and ask for help or posted on the forums. I can't imagine a kenne bell would be any harder

Fitzy_1227

Established Member
Depends man when I got my vortech supercharger I knew nothing about cars I just followed the instructions and ask for help or posted on the forums. I can't imagine a kenne bell would be any harder

That is what I was thinking because with turbo it's headers hot piping k member all that stuff

mr99svtcobra

Established Member
That is what I was thinking because with turbo it's headers hot piping k member all that stuff

Yes a turbo kit is a lot more involved especially if it involves swaping a kmember. And the on3 did not come with instructions (atleast mine didn't) so you have to have an idea of what goes where etc...

Packerfan88

Established Member
sweet build man i did the same thing. started with the on3 base kit 70mm made 473/44 @9psi, then got a built short block, refreshed my heads, swapped out the 70mm for a precision 76. First tune was 556@13 psi on 10* timing...going back because fuel issues for 15psi should clear 600. 91/torco tune for 17/18psi, e85 tune for 20+psi. Should be back on the dyno next week. I have a Magnafuel 750, sleeper tank coming and should be here by the weekend.

mr99svtcobra

Established Member
Sorry for the late update been busy with work

Started working on the oil filter relocate and made my own bracket

2czxz44.jpg

Mounted the filter on the driver side bell housing

2vkb3o9.jpg

slo5yp.jpg

Question for you guys what are these used for? it came with both waste gates

1231de9.jpg

mr99svtcobra

Established Member
Wired my sct ba5000 and the holes of the mas air flow will not line up with the on3 maf flange so I have to drill and tap new holes

24bixp1.jpg

Last thing I have left is the oil dipstick tube and I cannot get this thing in!. Anyone have tricks to get the tube in?

Packerfan88

Established Member
I tried and tried man that's what I ended up having to do

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread