On3 single install info

jeffs

Established Member
It appears to be pretty straightforward, but there's definitely a few details that would be nice to know. Does anybody have any links to some installs, or install information on this kit? Here's some things I'd like to know.
  • exactly where the oil drain-back fitting goes into the oil pan. Right now my motor's out, but don't want to weld it in now, and find out it up against a waste-gate or something
  • Where, and how the ECU relocation goes
  • Is the turbo itself supported by the included exhaust header, or is there a bracket to help support it?
Again, it looks straightforward with the piping, it'd just be nice to see more on the single installs.

w1tchblad3

Established Member
IMG_8733.jpg
IMG_8476.jpg

jeffs

Established Member
I'm curious why On3 didn't just give a "T" for the oil pressure sending unit to feed the turbo, I'm sure the adapter works fine, just seams like a simpler solution imo.

jeffs

Established Member
Yeah, if anyone who's doing this, and their motor is currently out. I managed to get mine back in with the ON3 headers, and merge pipes already installed on the engine. I did have the radiator out at that time also. dropping in from the top with the trans still in the car.

I had interference between the BMR radiator support and the bottom of the merge-pipe, and it looks like I may have to either eliminate the bar that goes across, and support the radiator just from the sides, or maybe just hang it from the top mounts. I still have to figure this out, but there doesn't appear to be any room for the down-pipe, and the rest of the exhaust with the bar in place from the pictures I've seen so far.

jeffs

Established Member
Yeah, if anyone who's doing this, and their motor is currently out. I managed to get mine back in with the ON3 headers, and merge pipes already installed on the engine. I did have the radiator out at that time also. dropping in from the top with the trans still in the car.

I had interference between the BMR radiator support and the bottom of the merge-pipe, and it looks like I may have to either eliminate the bar that goes across, and support the radiator just from the sides, or maybe just hang it from the top mounts. I still have to figure this out, but there doesn't appear to be any room for the down-pipe, and the rest of the exhaust with the bar in place from the pictures I've seen so far.
There's 2 support brackets that come with the kit to eliminate whatever you had supporting your radiator prior to this install

GNBRETT

Established Member
Premium Member
Beer Money Bros.
So how much power did it make?

It turned out really good, the power's amazing. I had a few issues because of rushing into and through 2-step, and trans-brake bs, but this was 100% on me.

jeffs

Established Member
I'm not exactly sure, I think on3's car with this turbo, and kit made 830 at 15psi, I'm running about the same boost, and also on E85

usdm420

Established Member
Awesome man! I’m 1k miles into my single kit now. Sai Li tuned bone stock Gen 1 motor/trans. Car put down 679whp/540wtq on just 8psi with 91+Boostane. I street cruise it on 6psi (gate pressure) and it makes 624/535 on that setting.

No track times yet, it’s 100+ in AZ until Fall. Gives me time to tweak suspension, etc.

Users who are viewing this thread