Bap $399
Inj $250
MAF kit $470
So the $3799 kit turns into a ~ $4900

Then when things break down the road
Wastegates(tail etc) ~$550
Blow-off valve(tail etc) ~ $250
Turbos BW s363 ~ $1275

It turns into something like $6500 or more. One could of gone with JPC, CPR, hellion etc, and saved yourself all the down time, headaches. For me living in Connecticut with the limited good weather, that could cost me the summer, just my 2cents.

Last edited:

slagburn

SVT Crazy Poster
Established Member
This kit is not that cost effective once you add the needed component
Bap $399
Inj $250
MAF kit $470

Turbos BW s363 ~ $1275

It turns into something like $6500 or more. One could of gone with JPC, CPR, hellion etc, and saved yourself all the down time, headaches. For me living in Connecticut with the limited good weather, that could cost me the summer, just my 2cents.

That logic does not work, all the fuel components will be needed with any kit that makes some power be it turbo, supercharger or nitrous.
You are correct about the maf however. Though some have been able to use the stock maf in a larger tube or supposedly the kit-supplied tube and some wizardry in the tune.

04SNK390HP

I hate SHEEPLE
Established Member
This kit is not that cost effective once you add the needed component
Bap $399
Inj $250
MAF kit $470

Turbos BW s363 ~ $1275

Meh. For someone that wants to run ~600whp, they wouldn't need all those extras you posted besides the injectors(47's should suffice at that level). A good tuner can modify the stock MAF tables to work without the "required MAF from on3.

$3750 shipped for the kit plus a tune($300-400) and pick up a used SCT X3 for $200. I see $4350 shipped for 550-600whp at 5psi. Sounds like a pretty good deal to me. Close to a $1000 cheaper compared to a complete Paxton setup as well.

-Nick

Blazer707@TBR

Master Ford Tech
Authorized Vendor
That logic does not work, all the fuel components will be needed with any kit that makes some power be it turbo, supercharger or nitrous.
You are correct about the maf however. Though some have been able to use the stock maf in a larger tube or supposedly the kit-supplied tube and some wizardry in the tune.
How is your kit working out? I have not heard anything about it for awhile.

slagburn

SVT Crazy Poster
Established Member
How is your kit working out? I have not heard anything about it for awhile.

It made enough power to blow a motor when I ran out of injector. Car has id1300's now, hopefully awaiting the trip to Bowling Green in October. It's back together with a new block and one head, real valve springs, switched back to stock GT exhaust cams instead of the Boss ones I had. It now makes the same power as before on one psi less boost and 1.5 degree less timing.

Blazer707@TBR

Master Ford Tech
Authorized Vendor
It made enough power to blow a motor when I ran out of injector. Car has id1300's now, hopefully awaiting the trip to Bowling Green in October. It's back together with a new block and one head, real valve springs, switched back to stock GT exhaust cams instead of the Boss ones I had. It now makes the same power as before on one psi less boost and 1.5 degree less timing.
Cant wait to see what it does at BG!

syclone50

Established Member
Just ordered this kit from latemodelresto

Will update when I get it in, wont be for a month or so but I will let everyone know!

syclone50

Established Member
for those with this kit and have wrapped the headers, how much wrap did it require for full coverage?

Thanks

syclone50

Established Member
Now im reading that wrapping isnt good. Chad from on3 says not to. I read good and I read bad about the wrap...who knows

el jefe 302

Making all kinds of gainz
Established Member
^ Yes the more heat you can keep in the exhaust IE. Wrapping or coating the better. The hotter the air the more velocity it will have. However if you need help spooling street turbos you have a wrong size turbo.

There are exceptions like big singles etc. For the most part on these motors you should be seeing boost at <3000rpm as most people run .68 a/r (very streetable power)

Ceramic coating is far superior then wrap because the inside and outside of the pipe is coated.

The wrapping can hold moisture and it gets dirty after awhile.

slagburn

SVT Crazy Poster
Established Member
^ Yes the more heat you can keep in the exhaust IE. Wrapping or coating the better. The hotter the air the more velocity it will have. However if you need help spooling street turbos you have a wrong size turbo. Or you live in Colorado.

Fixed it for you

OG_

Established Member
^ Yes the more heat you can keep in the exhaust IE. Wrapping or coating the better. The hotter the air the more velocity it will have. However if you need help spooling street turbos you have a wrong size turbo.

There are exceptions like big singles etc. For the most part on these motors you should be seeing boost at <3000rpm as most people run .68 a/r (very streetable power)

Ceramic coating is far superior then wrap because the inside and outside of the pipe is coated.

The wrapping can hold moisture and it gets dirty after awhile.

I was thinking coating would help keep other misc things inside the engine bay from getting excess heat that's around the extra piping. Should that be a concern?

466roller

Established Member
On my fox kit I ceramic coated the hot side and wrapped the crossover and down pipe and had a blanket on the turbo. The cold side was powder coated. I don't believe any manufactures recommend wrapping the headers.

Users who are viewing this thread