On3 performance Twin Turbo kit

Banu22elos

Banned
Glass roof, manual, 3.31s, not stock.
15.jpg

04SNK390HP

I hate SHEEPLE
Established Member
I guess that truly explains how good that quit was. HA!

In all honesty the fitment of the kit was better then I expected. The issue was either the turbo or the scavenger pump. One of them failed. Which one? No one will ever know. My money is on the turbo. The pump primed correctly and operated as it should have.

Nick

on3performance

Even if its not our TT kit, are there any other turbo or blower guys messing around with autos/2 step combo's at the track?

Last time out I was leaving each time messing around with the 2 step and never really tried to just foot brake the car. Just was curious what others have found out by messing with similar combos. The 60' consistency was nice on the passes I hooked up

Bud

Established Member
Even if its not our TT kit, are there any other turbo or blower guys messing around with autos/2 step combo's at the track?

Last time out I was leaving each time messing around with the 2 step and never really tried to just foot brake the car. Just was curious what others have found out by messing with similar combos. The 60' consistency was nice on the passes I hooked up

I think UPR was using a two step on their hellion auto car. stretchb I think is his name has been using a 2step on his paxton auto car.

What suspension/tire setup are you using and how has your traction been?

konabluekiller

Established Member
Stretchb is using a 2step. Idk what rpm stall it has or where the 2 step was set at, but he was running 9.8s @141 with 1.3-1.4 60 foot. Stock auto, stall, Paxton, race gas, drag radials, stock suspension. Car ****in MOVES

on3performance

Yes Larry is the one that has actually told me to run it that way but I was just seeing who else has been doing it. We are in the 1.54 60' area right now and still set pretty low, around 2300. We have the track rented tomorrow so the prep should be a little better and I hope to get it into the 1.4x area. Its very consistent thats a plus but just want to work that short time down just a little more. I would like to see a pass in the 10.6x range on the 6psi setting Im running now before turning it up any.

I need to bracket race the car, it goes 10.84-10.85 every pass almost, freakishly consistent

on3performance

Last time anything over 2300 was not hooking up. Ill try and work my way up but the track was a little cold and not really prepped. I really think the way it sits it will get into the 1.4x range

03Cobra1979

Established Member
How is the fitment on a '13 or '14? Anyone tried it? I'm really considering this kit but I can't find anyone who has installed in on a '13 or '14.

Anyone tuning this in the chicago or northern indiana area?

chao5.0

Established Member
there was a thread someone posted about installation on a '13, they had fitment issues with the manifold bolts and intercooler brackets not being long enough.

03Cobra1979

Established Member
there was a thread someone posted about installation on a '13, they had fitment issues with the manifold bolts and intercooler brackets not being long enough.

I'll poke around for the thread on that. I don't mind doing some home engineering, but if it is extensive, I'll just spend the money on centri or whatever else is catching my eye at the time.

on3performance

There is just no way the bolt length was an issue. We supply a few 12pt bolts for a couple spots where the header primaries make close radius bends and the 17mm standard bolt wont clear. The supplier sent some 12mm thread bolts instead of 10mm thread which the heads are. So those got mixed in and we just had to go back through the bolt kits and clear that up. There were only 4-5 kits that went out that way before it was caught.

There are a few 13's that I know of as well as 2 Boss cars. As far as 14's, there is a customer that just ordered his car. Not sure when he will have it but will be doing a write up.

on3performance

Was it the white car? A majority of the cars have been ok and if anything, we have just had to run a few washers as spacers to take up the room if anything. If it was a known and common issue, I'd change the overall design but I just cannot pinpoint if the core support has a little variation on width at the mounting point over the years.

03Cobra1979

Established Member
There is just no way the bolt length was an issue. We supply a few 12pt bolts for a couple spots where the header primaries make close radius bends and the 17mm standard bolt wont clear. The supplier sent some 12mm thread bolts instead of 10mm thread which the heads are. So those got mixed in and we just had to go back through the bolt kits and clear that up. There were only 4-5 kits that went out that way before it was caught.

There are a few 13's that I know of as well as 2 Boss cars. As far as 14's, there is a customer that just ordered his car. Not sure when he will have it but will be doing a write up.

If you get a chance PM me the forum that he'll be doing the write up on. I'd like to follow along if it is in the next month or so. If it isn't I may just pull the trigger and see what happens on a kit.

Vic2186

Established Member
someone installed this full kit with dyno on s197 and the results were decent..they stated the install was a pain and a lot of parts needed modification and tweaking...you make yourmove the good thing was it looks sick under the car...

Users who are viewing this thread