On3 Forward Facing TT Kit Inspection

tnuce10

Established Member
Since I posted a thread asking about swap parts needed to adapt an On3 turbo kit to a Terminator, I have had several people ask me to give feedback on the kit. I went through tonight and took some pictures to help show you guys what I found. I am going to post up every picture I took, but keep in mind I am no photographer...these are just iPhone pictures.

If anyone has any questions or would like to see anything specific feel free to ask. The entire kit is about 10ft away from me and I would be more than happy to help you guys make an educated purchase.

Onto the fun stuff.

The turbos. I went with ball bearing GT35R's. I am no expert on turbos. They seem like decent pieces.
photo_zpsc080a4ca.jpg

photo_zpsbbd71e04.jpg

WGs. These felt like nice pieces to me. They do not feel cheap or poorly made.
photo_zpsceb50865.jpg

photo_zps38f28415.jpg

BOVs. Again, these did not feel cheap.

photo_zpsc20b4ae6.jpg

photo_zps9d4f5541.jpg

Intercooler
photo_zpsb69fd7c9.jpg

photo_zps4bc7d1a8.jpg

photo_zps3076efda.jpg

photo_zps1f23f9b7.jpg

Headers. The only word that comes to mind is BEEFY. These things impressed me, they feel very stout. The flange measured 3/8" and was welded from the outside as well as the inside

photo_zpscc363869.jpg

photo_zps41203643.jpg

photo_zpse56c1c74.jpg

Dump tube
photo_zpsc9716f92.jpg

photo_zpsabe7c9b0.jpg

photo_zps7f270faa.jpg

Hotside (header to turbo). Again I noticed this piece felt strong. This flange was noticeably thicker, I did not measure it but my guess is 1/2". One thing that surprised me is that it is welded from the outside only.

photo_zps6d75e3f5.jpg

photo_zps9740e40b.jpg

After I opened up the turbos, BOV, WG, and intercooler, I only opened one box of piping. I have 3 more yet to look at. From the one box I did look through I get a good feeling about the piping in this kit. It all feels sturdy and the welds look pretty good to me, especially for parts that are admittedly from overseas. The only thing that surprised me was that the turbo flange was only welded from the outside while the header flange was welded from both the inside and outside.

The nice thing about this, for me, is that On3 is only about a half hour away from me. So I am keeping my money local and in the event that I have any sort of issue it's not a big deal to go see them about that.

Unfortunately, I will not be able to give you guys any feedback on figment for quite sometime as my motor is out of the car and about to be sent off to the builder. I am hoping the the piping will work with my AJE front suspension, On3 can only guarantee figment using UPR suspension.

If anyone wants to see more specific pictures feel free to ask and let me know what exactly you want to see.

Last edited:

stangfreak

Established Member
that looks good man. did you get the upgraded intercooler? cant wait to see the build!!!

tnuce10

Established Member
No problem at all!

Like I said, I want to help guys around here make an educated decision if they are considering this kit.

stangfreak

Established Member
my buddy is getting the twin kit. I will send him this link so he can look at the pics. He was on the fence but said screw it. so he will be ordering one I think soon for his winter build.

Teviinz

Established Member
woah they make a tt kit for the 4v stangs now or is a different kit retrofitted

phils04gt

Established Member
Anyone install one of these yet? I would definitely be interested in the results and how much modifying is required for install. The TT kit for the 11-14 GT seemed decent.

Users who are viewing this thread