On3 FF 76mm Turbo??

Toby1ton

Established Member
I was thinking about getting this kit. the on3 forward facing kit with 76mm turbo. is it reliable/durable? also what is the most power gained with the 76mm? thank you

stangman9897

Established Member
That would depend on what you put it on , be good for a 302 or 4.6 but wouldn't do anything on a 460 or a 427 .

.SAINT.

VETKILR
Established Member
The only good thing about on3 is the fitment of the piping and the piping itself isn't too bad of quality. The turbos are absolutely trash. Last like 50 miles trash. They have awful components. They sent me injectors that were stuck open, one didn't work and they wouldn't make it right. The oil return like is a bent tube, hose clamps and rubber hose. ****in cheap trash.... Good luck. The money spent fixing this awful kits short comings I could have had a hellion kit

4.6pimp

Established Member
Well I have a on3 kit on my mach and haven't had really any issues. I had new v bands welded on and ran the on3 70mm with no problem. Made 526/538 on 11lbs stock motor. I now have the 76mm turbo with a forged shortblock and c4 trans swapped in. Hope to make mid 600's once its tuned... I paid 2400 for kit and another 2000 to have it installed and tuned. Still cheaper then the hellion kit. Oh also made braided hoses for oil filter relocation kit. Some people like it and some people expect it to be a hellion kit for a 1/4 of the price.. just know what you are buying and don't expect to never have to mess with it.

Deceptive

Muffin is my spirit animal
Established Member
Premium Member
If I were to do an On3 Kit, I would buy a better brand turbo, get my own injectors, my own MAF, my own wastegate, and BOV. Used the piping, sell the other stuff.

MTBSully

Established Member
Check my build thread. I picked up the kit from Power adder solutions brand new without the turbo, wastegates or BOV for $1900. I shopped around and bought a turbonetics ball bearing 76mm, tial wastegates and tial BOV, braided return line, Return fuel system, RXT clutch, AEM tru boost, and a couple other things. After selling all the stock parts, I have less than $2500 into the build and IMO a much better kit than the hellion. On3 staff was helpful and respectful. Final dyno numbers coming this spring

Duncan

Established Member
I have had the On3 ff kit with a billet wheel Precision 76 for 18 months now on my 99 2v and have not had any issues (drive it everyday), there were some exhaust modifications that needed to be done in order to get the 76 to fit (down pipe, and exhaust near down pipe). It would have been easier had I went with the Precision 70 (the 70 would have made enough power....for me anyway). I am using the On3 wastegate, BOV, intercooler, piping, and clamps.

https://plus.google.com/photos?pid=5993314407193076818&oid=103726045226902684094

Last edited:

Thakidd1981

Boosted 5.0
Established Member
I have had nothing but problems with my on3 kit. The A/C lines are cheap and I don't have my A/C working because of leak issues. Both of my manifolds flanges were warped, one of the wastegates froze up on me and I have yet to get those back because CHAD won't answer any of my emails or phone calls after I sent him back his piece of shit wastegates. Keep in mind that my car has been in the shop for 4 months now and the wastegates froze up on me and blew a manifold gasket while on the dyno for the tune. I have yet to drive my car. So , CHAD IF YOU ARE READING THIS , **** YOU AND YOUR PIECE OF SHIT KIT!!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread