On3 coyote 1/2 mile roll racing

Whippled3v

Established Member
Went to an Omega Motorsports 1/2 mile event in Rantoul, IL yesterday and made a short video of some of the runs. I wasn't able to get as many races on video as I had hoped but figured this was enough to put a short one together. I went to the least crowded day of the two and still met a lot of great people and saw some incredible cars, including an 1800 whp Superleggera that trapped a PB of 221 mph.
This was my first half mile experience and I'll definitely be back next year with the 15" rear and alllll the boost

[video=youtube;J1G1XxekRQI]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J1G1XxekRQI[/video]

Tabres

Not without incident
Established Member
How was the turnout on Sunday? I was there Saturday and there didn't seem to be as many cars as advertised. I think the weather early in the day kept some people away. Nice to see you take down the dipped red Vette. He was walking all over almost everyone on Saturday.

Whippled3v

Established Member
How was the turnout on Sunday? I was there Saturday and there didn't seem to be as many cars as advertised. I think the weather early in the day kept some people away. Nice to see you take down the dipped red Vette. He was walking all over almost everyone on Saturday.

It was alright, I heard there were more on Saturday though. I got there around 1 which was a little later than I had wanted but I had all the races I could handle up until it was over.
That vette rolls out for sure lol he said I was the first mustang to beat him.

Serpent

Bike or Cobra?
Established Member
It was alright, I heard there were more on Saturday though. I got there around 1 which was a little later than I had wanted but I had all the races I could handle up until it was over.
That vette rolls out for sure lol he said I was the first mustang to beat him.
Always someone faster. He should try racing auto turbo 5.0s and see how many he can beat. :burnout:

2011 gtcs

GT500 poster
Established Member
Premium Member
Good races OP, definitely a strong running 5.0, the supersnake did a decent job keeping up with you.

89foxer

Established Member
nice vid and races...your car is running strong with that on3 kit, who did the tuning..supporting mods?

MTBSully

Established Member
you have an n2mb wot box for no lift shifting? My turbo cobra sounds very similar between shifts haha. Spittin fire

Whippled3v

Established Member
Good races OP, definitely a strong running 5.0, the supersnake did a decent job keeping up with you.

Thanks! It was impressive for a heavy and technically stock car lol. He was out there pulling bolt on zr1's on the big end. Super cool guy too, don't run into many guys that race cars like that.

nice vid and races...your car is running strong with that on3 kit, who did the tuning..supporting mods?

Appreciate it, it's running on revisions from RWR Motorsports due to the elevation change coming from Colorado right now but I'll be doing remote tuning with Sai Li over the next week to get it dialed in. Stock sleeve block, 11.5:1, Manley rods/pistons, tss opg's, tfs valve springs, 2.97 t56, mcleod rxt, 3.73 rear, return style with twin 465 pumps, id1000's, and no exhaust :)

you have an n2mb wot box for no lift shifting? My turbo cobra sounds very similar between shifts haha. Spittin fire

I have one but still need to hook it up, I was lifting on all of these races. The gunshot mod was very prominent though lol

Whippled3v

Established Member
turn up the boost next time and show off a little. :)

I got a little ballsy at the end of the day and attempted one pass at 19 psi with a 60 mph rolling start but it just resulted in having to lift in 3rd and pedal 4th lol trapped the same 177 mph that I did on just 14.5 psi. The ET street II's don't like to work past 13 psi

Good runs! What cage do you have?

Wolfe 6 point

cb900f

Established Member
I got a little ballsy at the end of the day and attempted one pass at 19 psi with a 60 mph rolling start but it just resulted in having to lift in 3rd and pedal 4th lol trapped the same 177 mph that I did on just 14.5 psi. The ET street II's don't like to work past 13 psi

Wolfe 6 point
How do you like the cage?

Users who are viewing this thread