On3 Coolant Crossover install

keith89

Established Member
Didn't want to let this thread die. I'd love to do this mod to clean up the engine bay a bit but was wondering if it would be beneficial to use one of these: https://www.meziere.com/Products/Co...ds/Four-to-One-Manifold-1-5-hose-to-12AN.aspx
to combine the coolant into the radiator.
I was thinking there would be 2 lines from the front of the heads, one line from the driver's side rear and the heater return hose which is fed by the passenger side rear head.

Is the radiator inlet/outlet 1.5 or 1.75"?
I'm pretty sure the radiator outlet is 1.75"

Last edited:

DSG2003Mach1

Established Member
Premium Member
HOW DOES THE CAR RUN TEMPS WISE NOW? WITH A/C ON...TRAFFIC?
50/50 COOLANT AND WATER? WATER WETTER?

MY 3.4 CRUSHER CAR HAS BEEN HITTING 220+ IN THIS FL HEAT LATELY WITH A/C ON.....ME NO LIKES!!

I did this kit because I was having issues with my procharger crossover not clearing my fuel rails and to get that damn bypass hose out of the way (real pain to get to the tensioner and the procharger idler bolt with it there). I dont see where theres anything to be gained coolant temp wise running this kit.

I did not notice any change in cooling from before to after. Ive got the giant 3 core air to air on my car and I see temps like you in slow moving traffic. Ive tried a few different temp thermostats (even going 160 didnt help), lowered fan turn-on temps, coolant mix is mostly water (only good to 15 degrees) with water wetter and a Mark 8 fan.

If you're just watching the gauge on the dash everything seems fine, with an actual coolant temp gauge you see they start running at the higher end of normal. if im moving 40mph or more I dont have any problems, hell at highway speed I can hang meat in the car and itll still be ~190 coolant temps.

03sonicblu

going 4 broke
Established Member
I did this kit because I was having issues with my procharger crossover not clearing my fuel rails and to get that damn bypass hose out of the way (real pain to get to the tensioner and the procharger idler bolt with it there). I dont see where theres anything to be gained coolant temp wise running this kit.

I did not notice any change in cooling from before to after. Ive got the giant 3 core air to air on my car and I see temps like you in slow moving traffic. Ive tried a few different temp thermostats (even going 160 didnt help), lowered fan turn-on temps, coolant mix is mostly water (only good to 15 degrees) with water wetter and a Mark 8 fan.

If you're just watching the gauge on the dash everything seems fine, with an actual coolant temp gauge you see they start running at the higher end of normal. if im moving 40mph or more I dont have any problems, hell at highway speed I can hang meat in the car and itll still be ~190 coolant temps.

WANT A MARK8 FAN......WHERE TO GET?

DSG2003Mach1

Established Member
Premium Member
I called an alternator/battery shop and they said they didn't know anything about rebuilding these...need to call around some

TERMINATEIT

How do you get the bolt off the stock crossover on passenger side? I have a Whipple 2.9 and doesn’t seem possible, I will try to post pic

91svtcoupe

TTop SVT Coupe
Established Member
Bumping an old thread. Anyone know what o ring size is for this kit? Ive tried the factory one off my stock cross over and ordered a set of new ones for the factory cross over tube. Both of them tore going in.

01yellercobra

AKA slo984now
Established Member
Bumping an old thread. Anyone know what o ring size is for this kit? Ive tried the factory one off my stock cross over and ordered a set of new ones for the factory cross over tube. Both of them tore going in.

Did you grease them before installing them?

Ryebread

Established Member
I just ordered the tstat through them. It was a 180°.

I did drill 2 hole in it like the how to's found online showed. I don't recall of hand, but i'm wanting to say 3/16" holes.

For the lower hose/factory tsat, I bought a GT lower hose and replaced all of it. Cheap at a local parts store. I did have to cut it to shorten it up a bit. But it fit well after.

I have the evenflow cooling mod. I just bought a barbed fitting and ran it through the new housing at the supplied opening. I did have to tap the threaded hole a bit. I guess the coating made the fit too tight. I didn't want to risk damaging the housing.

im having trouble with the head cooling mod threads on the thousing as well... did you just run a 3/8's tap through it because so far i can't get anything thats 3/8's to thread in.

Users who are viewing this thread