On3 5.0 vs TVS/nitrous Cobra

Whippled3v

Established Member
45 roll
5.0 - On3 60mm TT, 14-15 psi, e85, t56
03/04 Cobra - TVS, 17 psi, e85, 100 shot

The outcome is questionable to some but someone a little further up than the spot its recorded from said I had a nose on him when we passed and my mirror appears to be ahead of his when I brake in the in car video (sorry the phone cut volume, race starts shortly after cobra driver looks ahead). I probably should have ran with just a little more boost, regardless, it made for a very close race with a fast Cobra :beer:

Both videos are of the same race.

[video=youtube;ZtdWN9Pht2M]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZtdWN9Pht2M[/video]

[video=youtube;-3jjtO4JqbM]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-3jjtO4JqbM[/video]

Whippled3v

Established Member
Its a draw. None of this "oh well my mirror was ahead of his" BS.

The consensus of those that were actually there, like Chad ^^, was that I took it by a nose. If you slow the video down frame by frame you can actually see the pass. Another half a second in 4th and it would've been more clear but a turn made us lift. But it doesn't really matter, it was an awesome race and I had another 5 psi to play with if we wanted to run it back lol

Serpent

Bike or Cobra?
Established Member
The consensus of those that were actually there, like Chad ^^, was that I took it by a nose. If you slow the video down frame by frame you can actually see the pass. Another half a second in 4th and it would've been more clear but a turn made us lift. But it doesn't really matter, it was an awesome race and I had another 5 psi to play with if we wanted to run it back lol
Its great to know that you always have more when ever you need it. Good race either way.

gimmie11s

I Race Pontiacs
Established Member
Premium Member
i dont see how you didnt put bus lengths on him. 15psi with twins puts you around 800-850 wheel doesnt it?

Does the cobra have lots of weight taken out? Seems he is down about 100 horsepower to you.

T's03GT

#Team5bro
Established Member
That car made like 700 on blower only. Add in the 100 shot on a PD blower car, it's 800 wheel easy. Car ran like hell.

matt87

Established Member
looks to be the cobra jumped out on you, and then the big end turbos took over up top. good clean race either way. those little 2.3 tvs blowers never cease to amaze me.

Users who are viewing this thread