On This Day.......

Klaus

Established Member
Premium Member
I remember this day like it was yesterday. The sky was so blue that day, I remember thinking what a beautiful day it was.

I heard the first crash on the radio and thinking it was some moron that crashed a Cessna into WTC. That had happened in the recent past so it seemed like a repeat.

We had the TV on in my office and I saw the second plane hit with my own eyes. That was a holy **** moment.

Incredibly I went to a meeting that day to discuss an investment of some sort and we were literally asking each other if we should be meeting. On the way I specifically remember hearing reports that a plane had been flown into the US Capitol building.

I am in finance and know a lot of guys that were on the ground at the time. Mad respect, there were guys going back to work to trade as soon as markets reopened even though everyone of them had lost many friends and the city was in rubble. None of them have been the same since, it is like they went through Normandy.

I have nothing but respect for the wall street guys I know that went through it.

SVTdreamin04

What's a "Termi"???
Established Member
Premium Member
Yup, I remember waking up and turning on the TV, we didn’t have cable/ satellite television at that time and all that was on was a building on fire. I was 18, and was aggravated that there wasn’t anything else on the 10 channels we did get, then I saw the 2nd plane hit. I got that ‘hit to the gut’ feeling you get when you know it’s a bad bad deal type of thing. I knew, then even at 18 that this was no accident.

Something that annoyed me before 9:03 AM, because I didn’t want to watch a building on fire, changed to having to know every detail of that day after 9:03 AM. It made me feel pretty shallow, not thinking about the casualties and the amount of death from the very first plane hitting after more details came out. The what’s next on the target list was in the back of my mind for the longest time, and it still is.

I am far more removed from the closeness to that event than some of the other guys on this thread, but it still hits me in the gut every September 11th. It’s just not a day that’s too fun for any real American, no matter what you do.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CompOrange04GT

Anyone have a strap on my girl can use on me?
Established Member
I still remember Bush. At that moment we knew we had a president that had a set of balls.

SHOdown220

Established Member
I was in 8th grade, out of nowhere the teacher wheels in the TV to the front of the classroom, not knowing whats going on all the kids are joking "yay movie day!" until she turned it on. The whole class went silent, hell the whole school was silent. At an age where we took nothing seriously, we all realized this was serious. My mom picked me up from school shortly after, fearing there would be smaller attacks at schools and such. We went home and watched it on TV, hoping my dad would get home safely and quickly. He's a truck driver and does most of his trips in virginia and near D.C.

Recon

Established Member
I was 5 when it happened, and I remember it like it was yesterday. Our headmaster at school stopped everything and called everyone to the gym. We knew before then what was going on due to the teachers talking about it. Headmaster has us prayed for those effected by what happened that day. Never forget, never forgive.
I will say the only good thing that was caused by it was how unified the country was afterwards. We weren’t consumed by our petty differences; we were united, as nation, as Americans.

Pick your poison.

RedVenom48

Let's go Brandon!
Established Member
Feels like this was just yesterday....

As horrible of a day as it was, some good actually came of it. The country was as unified as ever, and everyone was helping each other out. People were caring and productive. Big difference from today when everyone is at each others throats, looting and rioting all over the country, and basically at the point of a civil war. A lot can change in 19 years.
The young dumbshits out rioting never knew what life was like before 9/11. They also didn't watch their country actively get attacked by turning airliners into missiles.

It still makes me mad and upset 19 years later. Not just the act itself, bu so many that lost their lives that day, and in the wars that followed. I've got own opinions on one war, but that's for a different thead.

Never forget that day. May all those who lost their lives rest in eternal peace. God bless the United States of America.

BlksvtCobra01

Deplorable and Proud
Established Member
I was in my 9th grade keyboarding class and when the second plane hit I knew it wasn’t an accident something was happening and we’d be at war. I suspected Bin Laden or connections had something to do with it. Never forget, never forgive. I also freaked out I was pushing carts at Meijer after work and we had a loud sonic boom from two jets taking off from the base it shook the ground and building.

Canuck03SVT

Established Member
From the entire internet you find time to make a cheap joke in this thread?
Classy. GTFO.

I meant no offence. Us Infantry guys try to be light hearted when something tragic happens.

And not tooting my horn here, but I spent 15 months in the Sand Box. Lost some good friends, just like many others, as a result of the events that day.

As not to offend anyone else, I'll take that part out.

COOL COBRA

Hell Yes!
Established Member
I meant no offence. Us Infantry guys try to be light hearted when something tragic happens.

And not tooting my horn here, but I spent 15 months in the Sand Box. Lost some good friends, just like many others, as a result of the events that day.

As not to offend anyone else, I'll take that part out.
I wasn't really offended, more like disgusted. Thanks for cleaning it up.
It's all good.

Steve@TF

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Premium Member
God bless the souls of those who perished and ran towards the danger.

I'll never forget the site of the people jumping out of the building trying to escape the flames. :(

not one article i see on Yahoo News homepage regarding this anniversary. tons of anti-trump bs though. smh

SVTdreamin04

What's a "Termi"???
Established Member
Premium Member
God bless the souls of those who perished and ran towards the danger.

I'll never forget the site of the people jumping out of the building trying to escape the flames. :(

not one article i see on Yahoo News homepage regarding this anniversary. tons of anti-trump bs though. smh

Can’t say I’m surprised about Yahoo. There is just too much other important stuff going on in the Country to waste any time on something so small that happened 19 years ago today.

Frickin’ op/ed media idiots!

SVTdreamin04

What's a "Termi"???
Established Member
Premium Member
My Aunt and Uncle had rode almost 400,000 miles on three different motorcycles combined across our great Country since 2001. They have so many stories, since they have ridden in all 50 states on a motorcycle. My Aunt was telling me they rode to the crash site in Pennsylvania of Flight 93. She said they were riding down a gravel road and didn’t even know if they were going to the right place and said she just got the most unnerving feeling she had ever felt come over her when they came up on the site of the crash. She said it was so eerily quiet and you could just feel how bad of an act took place at the site.

I haven’t been there, but I feel like I need to take my kids there at some point so they can understand what can....and I hate to say it will happen again on our soil. Maybe not with planes, but something else just as big or bigger.

ajaf1656

Established Member
My mom had just become a flight attendant that summer and I was enlisted and waiting to go to basic training. That morning, my mom was scheduled to go to NYC, but they changed her schedule at the last minute. My younger sister went to school thinking my mom was on her way to NYC and the teachers all turned on televisions showing the footage of the crashes. I rushed to the school to pick her up and she was sobbing uncontrollably. Being a gung-ho 18 year old, I then rushed to my recruiter's office thinking that the Air Force would need me immediately for some reason. After he sent me home, I took every vehicle at my house to the Shell station to fill them with gas just in case. On one of those runs, I had to physically restrain a man who was berating the owner of the gas station because he was middle eastern.
My mom was furloughed from her job for a while due to the impact on the airlines. Now 19 years she's furloughed again but this time is thanks to people overreacting to a virus.

Don't Care
Established Member
Malt Liquor Mafia
My Aunt and Uncle had rode almost 400,000 miles on three different motorcycles combined across our great Country since 2001. They have so many stories, since they have ridden in all 50 states on a motorcycle. My Aunt was telling me they rode to the crash site in Pennsylvania of Flight 93. She said they were riding down a gravel road and didn’t even know if they were going to the right place and said she just got the most unnerving feeling she had ever felt come over her when they came up on the site of the crash. She said it was so eerily quiet and you could just feel how bad of an act took place at the site.

I haven’t been there, but I feel like I need to take my kids there at some point so they can understand what can....and I hate to say it will happen again on our soil. Maybe not with planes, but something else just as big or bigger.

I was there last year. It is a very somber place. You won't leave with a dry eye.

9112020-2.jpg
9112020.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread