On the lot?

rexisme

Established Member
When the hell are these cars suppose to be arriving on the dealers lots?

Dave07997S

Established Member
When the hell are these cars suppose to be arriving on the dealers lots?

Did you see my post about them being on hold?

A lot of them have already been produced, I guess Ford wants to make sure they are ready before they are released.

Dave

bscarberry

Established Member
I live about half a mile from the AutoAlliance plant. There are a bunch of them just chillin on the lot. I see groups of 5 or 6 being driven out of there all the time. My friend works at the dyno lab and has been telling me they're still having problems keeping the 5.0 together. A few of them aren't making it off the Dyno before they're done breaking them in.

rexisme

Established Member
Ya, I read the post about the brembo package ones. I was wondering if any non brembo models were seen running around. Thats hilarious about the 5.0 exploding. This seems like it may become a DONT buy the first model year car.

Bob Cosby

Established Member
I don't buy the "5.0 blowing up" bologna. If it were a real problem, the automotive media would be ALL OVER IT.

bscarberry

Established Member
I don't buy the "5.0 blowing up" bologna. If it were a real problem, the automotive media would be ALL OVER IT.

Well, you can buy it or not... he dyno's these engines and the ecoboost engines pretty much exclusively. He told me that he was going to get a 2011 til the latest batches of engines over the last few months started having the problems they're having. Happens more often with new engines than you'd expect. Ford will fix the problem... just trying to cut materials cost as much as possible.

PSUCOBRA96

Established Member
honeslty its prob a material defect somewhere down the line, it can be as simple as a bad batch of rings on the pistons or a bad set of bolts you never know, shit gets by QC sometimes

Bob Cosby

Established Member
Well, you can buy it or not....

Well thank you very much. And you'll forgive me for not believing everbody that says they heard something from a friend and then posted it on an internet forum.

No personal offense.

And the rest of you guys are in fantasy land thinking about forged pistons and rods.

SeankySnake

Established Member
Well thank you very much. And you'll forgive me for not believing everbody that says they heard something from a friend and then posted it on an internet forum.

No personal offense.

And the rest of you guys are in fantasy land thinking about forged pistons and rods.

I couldn't agree with you more on that.:beer:

dynotech1

I have dyno'd a few 5.0l... I can tell you you won't be dissapointed with it, and it will hold together just fine. By the way we also have a few of them in race cars and we haven't failed one yet...

Ray Lucca

Established Member
Went to Fab. Fords yesterday early and got to speak with a few Ford folks.
1. They had a new 5.0 GT there, the guy from the Ford zone said the cars are on hold for one reason. The '10's are sitting on the lots, and not moving. Everyone wants an '11 with the 5.0 or the new 6
2. I spoke to one of the Engineers from Ford Racing and the testing is on-going for the new Whipple for the '11, 5.0. Stock expect 100-120 HP gain. They hope to have them available for sale in September-October.
3. Shelby had the new GT350 there, two models will be available. A 435 HP version, cold-air, exhaust and tune first. THe unit with a blower will use the FRPP Whipple, he said to also expect 100-120 HP, and thats about it. Warranty is still up in the air. HMM, hope they figure that out, for what they are charging.....
Another Great Show, saw a 1 owner, '70 Boss 429, in great condition.....

Sir Nate 3000

Silver Stallion
Established Member
so tell us how they got them if they are on hold? is someone selling them out the backdoor of the plant?

Radiohead

Established Member
Dealers are already getting them. See this thread

[ame=http://forums.themustangsource.com/showthread.php?t=482595]2 2011 GT's on the ground at Ted Britt Fairfax VA - The Mustang Source[/ame]

Users who are viewing this thread