On test drive clutch seemed "squishy"...Normal?

1CEBITN

Blue by you!
Established Member
Hey guys, sorry for all the newb questions but on both coupes I drove last night there was about 1.5"-2" of very little resistance and the cluth did not actually put up any resistance until I was just above the floor. My '98 requires decent pressure the whole travel of the clutch and it is the OEM one that came with the car. I felt like I was driving a Toyota or something. It probably just needs to be adjusted but I was wondering if that was normal or not. Thanks!

1CEBITN

Blue by you!
Established Member
I know all of you have a clutch so tell me if it is normal to not feel much resistance at the top of the pedal's travel as you push down... My '98 offers resistance throughout the travel. Just curious, the dealer has a mechanic who also has an '03 Cobra and he is going to take a look at it to see if there is something wrong with it. Any input out there??

pgordon

Established Member
I have an 03 and there is not much clutch pedal play, pretty much get resistance as soon as pressing in the pedal. If you pull up on the clutch pedal it might adjust tighter. The factory setup does not allow for percise adjustments.

1CEBITN

Blue by you!
Established Member
Thanks, guys. I bet it needs adjustment from the factory. Both '03's I drove were like that and both had less than 20 miles. Or maybe my '98 has an unusually stiff OEM clutch? When I go back to do the final inspection I will make sure it is taken care of. Thanks for the responses!

Users who are viewing this thread