? on oil cooler

blackgtcp

Established Member
For you turbo guys... do you use your stock oil cooler or do you switch to a 03-04 mach style? Reason I ask is I'm swapping parts with a cobra who is going turbo and I know I need the cobras

04silver

Established Member
the mach 1 and the gt have no oil cooler so i would try and get the oil cooler if you can you will need the coolant hoses for the cooler

Last edited:

dan03mach

BUSTN YO A$$
Established Member
the mach 1 and the gt have no oil cooler so i would try and get the oil cooler if you can you will need the coolant hoses for the cooler

What are you talking about? My mach1 has an oil cooler on it. I'm taking it off because it is in the way of the hot side I'm building.

Juiced46

I love being Blown
Established Member
Mach1s have an oil cooler, just the hose position is in a different spot on it. It is not the same as the 03-04 cobra, but similar.

BlackGTCP- Im assuming you are doing an Eaton type swap on your car? If so yes, you need the oil cooler from the Cobra due to the positioning of how the radiator hose attaches to it. If you kept the MACH1 cooler, it will interfere with some stuff. Hope this helps

You are also going to need the front timing cover and harmonic balancer along with a ton of other parts.

fangs99

Established Member
You need the one off the 03-04 cobra because the alternator gets moved down there so the coolant hoses get re-routed so swap the hoses too.

Users who are viewing this thread