On-line criminal background check?

Top_Fuel

Person of Interest
Established Member
Is there such a thing as a reputable, on-line source for having a criminal background check done?

A friend's daughter is going to work in a home-grown day-care business. This person is just starting up the business and is well-intended, but doesn't seem to know how to advise the few employees she has. Everyone was told to go get a background check done. Unfortunately, nobody knows where to go to have this done. :shrug: Like I said, this person isn't very organized. He just wondered if there were any legitimate on-line sources for a criminal background check.

FordSVTFan

Oh, the humanity of it all.
Established Member
You can go to the local police station and ask them to run a criminal background ck on you and print out the results. Some will do it, some wont. The agency should connect with a firm that does B.I.s

Top_Fuel

Person of Interest
Established Member
Thanks for the reply. I'll pass that on to him. :thumbsup:

jshen

Established Member
We have different degrees of access to criminal history information. Law enforcement & Govt employers- with a need to know- can see a person's entire history, including juvenile records, first offender, etc. Employers can get a limited access to "convictions" and other information that is "open to the public". Keep in mind a criminal conviction is public information and, by that, is open to the public if you know where to go..Unfortunately I don't as I get all my background info through my office. Defense attorneys get criminal convictions on people other than their client so I know there is a way.

Oh- I forgot to mention the Feds....They have access to everything- I mean everything- NOTHING goes away or is expunged if they are looking for it...

Last edited:

FordSVTFan

Established Member
Oh- I forgot to mention the Feds....They have access to everything- I mean everything- NOTHING goes away or is expunged if they are looking for it...

Sure do. It often amazes me at what comes up with just a small computer request.

jshen

Established Member
Sure do. It often amazes me at what comes up with just a small computer request.

Off Point but interesting....

You guys even have access to realtime satellite imagery...Scary stuff. Lawyer guy I know got appointed on a federal case to represent a fella- a drug smuggler...who was picking up a load 50 miles off coast..Nobody is around as he is picking up packages of dope from supplier in another boat...and storing in his boat...Nobody is around except satellite photos..so good and clear..even the birthmark on his bald spot on his head showed up...

Such technology is a necessity in this day and time. Prosecuting in the federal circuit would be easy with tech like that.

FordSVTFan

Established Member
Off Point but interesting....

You guys even have access to realtime satellite imagery...Scary stuff. Lawyer guy I know got appointed on a federal case to represent a fella- a drug smuggler...who was picking up a load 50 miles off coast..Nobody is around as he is picking up packages of dope from supplier in another boat...and storing in his boat...Nobody is around except satellite photos..so good and clear..even the birthmark on his bald spot on his head showed up...

Such technology is a necessity in this day and time. Prosecuting in the federal circuit would be easy with tech like that.

There are many places around this country where there is satellite coverage, but more so there is downward facing radar imaging.

Users who are viewing this thread