On 3 Performance Turbo Kit Quality?

LaserRed02GT

Established Member
For a entry level kit its perfect on 6-7psi i put out 455 hp now i have a built motor and will turn up the boost this spring ... I have had my kit for amost a year with no probs. V-bands were good the only thing if you dont want any leaks on the first shot i use gaskets between my v-bands rtv just sucks. I was kinda pissed though that a new kit is coming out but hey i will just have to suck it up .

And thats what I plan to do, to run it on my summer daily driver mustang. Glad to hear you had sucsess with the kit! Im prolly gunna wait until the revised kit comes out and then buy that. Ill take your word and use gaskets then :beer:

Ortiz99

Established Member
Did a On3 on my 4v and it was pretty good. Now doing an On3 on a 2v for a friend, we'll see how it turns out.

03screamingSVT

Established Member
Thers is only so much they can do on the kits for the price they are selling them at. For the price, its an excellent entry level kit that has the potential to go big. Out of the box they can support close to 700 rw, most cars cant even handle that.

01yellercobra

Established Member
What size is the piping in the On3 kit? I'm currently helping with an install of a Hellion kit and I was very surprised to see the cold side is only 2.5". He had to get a 3" pipe and reducers to be able to run the MAF flange from VMP.

And the On3 can't be much worse then a kit that has you "bend the a/c line until it clears the turbo" in the instructions.

Last edited:

CPRsm

The cold side doesn't have to be big. It's under pressure. If it's too big, it will slow the air and spool. The maf can go in a 2.5 if it had to. But then you loose resolution and lower the HP level of the maf. I run a 3.5 tube in mine for that reason alone.
Bending the AC line out of the way until it clear the turbo. I think anyone would prefer that to paying another 110 bucks for a custom one and having to re-fill their AC system.

01yellercobra

Established Member
I was just wondering. I'm a blower guy. I have 3" pipe from the blower to intercooler and 3.5" pipe from the intercooler to throttle body. His main reason for going with the bigger pipe was resolution.

Svtracer

Established Member
Its a great kit vbands were a pain but they worked. It took some tinkering but if I finally got everything to not leak. For my driver side piping I just couldn't get rid of the leak and finally put (doughnut gasket) came with my xpipes and it sealed up nicely. I got a video on youtube if you wanna check it out.

The build
[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sF91xZhmG8Y"]YouTube - Boosted Turbo mustang GT build: On3 performance kit (Shocker FTW)[/nomedia]

Tuned
[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VISuQ1iCUaA&feature=related"]YouTube - Turbo GT DynoTUNE part2 (Shocker FTW)[/nomedia]

She ran a 7.5 in the 1/8th on a worn out 275 nitto drag radial. On 9psi it made 420whp 490wtrq. On a mustang dyno.

Last edited:

SonicBlueOval

Established Member
Installed one of these on my brothers 4v and it was crazy fast. For the price, you cant beat it. Yes there are much better kits out there for more money, and you will hate yourself for buying it during installation because it sucks so bad to install. I would definitely wait for the new kit just for that reason. The v-bands are cheap, yes you can use gaskets and rtv, but that will just make you curse more while staring at the bottom of your car and in the end you will still find some exhaust leaks. If you have a lowered car the pipes also sit too low. Upgrade to the master power, and get a different wastegate before installing the kit. That piece in itself will destroy your motor no matter how good your tune is. I have lost count of the number of engines (my brothers included) that have blown with this turbo kit on the softest wastegate spring. The placement of the wastegate is awful, but replacing the wg will still help a ton in preventing boost spikes.

Like I said, for the money, regardless of the headaches, this is a great way to go to make your car stupid fast. I would recommend waiting for the forward header version, and change the wastegate. Other than that, 8psi on a stock motor will do you great on the street for very little money

Users who are viewing this thread