OMSLAW !!!!!

Poisonous Mods

little moddie
Established Member
Hey Omslaw,

George, last night i found some thing in my Garage. This is the Elbow Piece from BBK. I purchased this long time ago from Brothers Performance. The small end connects to the MAF & then of course the big end goes to the TB.

Didnt have it on that long since the C&L made my car stall with it on. Its your if you want it :??: I dont have the Filter or the 90 degree piece that goes into the Fender....Im sure i threw that away last year.

Its your if you should so like it :thumbsup: :beer: :burnout:

Poisonous Mods

little moddie
Established Member
http://brothersperformance.com/shop/mustang/bbk17130.html

Thats what the complete kit looked like. I still think a nice Open Ended Filter is nicer. Plus the filter size from BBK was pretty small.

Oh. Warning....fit is o.k., Noise from the Elbow is due to the design of it...but u can counter attack the lack of engineering from BBK by tapping some thing on the other side of the elbow to make the noise stop.

SHOULDNT cause stalling IMO. If u have the time....u can always sand down the chrome & paint it flat black :eek: :D

SORRY SHOULDNT CAUSE STALLING

Last edited:

kaos

Established Member
Thanks man. I really appreciate that. Your last sentence says should cause stalling? Is that a misprint? Also, can you still use it as a straight mounted as opposed to the fenderwall? If anything that might give me a reason to get dyno pull with you guys in Jan.

And after what you and Allan have said I'm perfectly happy having an open ended one. I haven't found anything to counter act what you guys have said.

Thanks again.

Poisonous Mods

little moddie
Established Member
Well i bought the BBK Throttle Body 65mm & the Cold Air Kit from Brothers in late 2001. It worked good with out me mixing it up with the C&L.

Once i installed the C&L it would stall after i did a fast WOT pull...stalled meaning after pulling hard & coasting. Tried to use the C&L with out the TB...still stalled, Tried to use it with out the Elbow to the TB...still stalled.

Im sure it was the C&L but i was tiered of swappings around.

Id bet ud be fine....sorry i would have the TB but i handed it to a dude with a Maurader, some time ago. Plus i never liked the BBK TB. Tooooooo sticky & hard on the leg.

Well i dont have the Elbow that goes into the Firewall. That along with the Filter Went into the Dumpster. U can still use it with ur current set up. I still have the fittings & every thing.

:beer:

kaos

Established Member
Cool I'll take it. I'd rather just keep it open ended in the engine bay. I don't need the fenderwall thing.

Poisonous Mods

little moddie
Established Member
Originally posted by omslaw
Cool I'll take it. I'd rather just keep it open ended in the engine bay. I don't need the fenderwall thing.

Its nice when chrome :D. If u wanted to get a little bit into custom u can always paint it black ;-)

Well if i Ever get off my A$$ i might be able to make my home made Heat Shield....but weathers to cold now & Resins dont dry that FAST :bash:

Cool...if u go the Hang Over Day let me know. I'll bring the stuff with me. If not i'll try to swing by XMP tomorrow depending on how things go in my office tomorrow :beer:

jhwalker

Dead Poster Walking
Established Member
PMachy
How was your Christmas?
I got socks, a belt, and a new bacon skillet. I think this was my best friggin christmas ever!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Well, perhaps I was a little disappointed that my Bogart rear wheels were not under the tree, but, what the hay, those socks were REALLY NICE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:nonono: :( :cuss:
James

Poisonous Mods

little moddie
Established Member
:??: Christmas :shrug:

Id have to say i had a great day before Christmas :D
Hang out with Juan for a bit of time...Last night was pretty fun & interesting ;-).

Today was just a very boring day.....Nothing in my sock but another year of getting a brick.

Ohh wait my broker was kind enough to give me a 100.00 gift certificate at Nordstroms :D

kaos

Established Member
Originally posted by Poisonous Mods
Its nice when chrome :D. If u wanted to get a little bit into custom u can always paint it black ;-)

Well if i Ever get off my A$$ i might be able to make my home made Heat Shield....but weathers to cold now & Resins dont dry that FAST :bash:

Cool...if u go the Hang Over Day let me know. I'll bring the stuff with me. If not i'll try to swing by XMP tomorrow depending on how things go in my office tomorrow :beer:

Yeah, I'll be at xmp tomorrow morning until whenever and I'll also be at the hangover day on the 3rd. So whatever is easier for you. You are doing me the favor.

Thanks.

Poisonous Mods

little moddie
Established Member
George....sorry but today its nice & bright out side. I got 860miles on her & by the time i hit LACR tonight it should be in the 900miles.

Only going to get 3 runs in but im really interested on that free LACR Shirt :D

Hope u dont mind. If not u can always swing by my place on the weekend......i need to fix my Garage Opener :bash: Damn friend keeps opening it & closing it to get his stupid ass Bike in & out :nonono:

Time to kick his bike out of my garage. :cuss: + i need to wash it & wax it again :D

Users who are viewing this thread