oldmodman's 468-Mile 2003 Ford Mustang SVT Cobra Coupe on BaT

44shelby

Established Member
I've never understood why the front plate devalues the car so much. The new owner could just repaint the bumper....no?
then they have to respray the bumper and that is a huge deal to some people. Plate holes would be a deal breaker for me as well as having any part of the car repainted. If it is a driver I could careless (goes back to the not worth an extreme amount) but if I'm paying 45k and up I wouldn't want it any other way than how it rolled off the assembly line.

SDsnake

Established Member
Thirty years from now if you see that car on Mecum with a license plate no one will give two shits. The redfire for 55k was a special situation. Everyone stopped bidding at 37k and I got into a who‘s is bigger battle and the other guys clearly was lol. The back story, smog cert in hand, and condition made me go to 53k. Merry Christmas fellas!

HPLouis

Established Member
then they have to respray the bumper and that is a huge deal to some people. Plate holes would be a deal breaker for me as well as having any part of the car repainted. If it is a driver I could careless (goes back to the not worth an extreme amount) but if I'm paying 45k and up I wouldn't want it any other way than how it rolled off the assembly line.
Got it. I understand, especially at that mileage and price point.

sonicx

Shredder N Cheddar
Established Member
Wonder if Gabber Yellow is to the s550 as ZY is to the new edge cobra. I have a soft spot for yellow particular/especially to z06s.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Zinc Yellow has always been difficult to re-sell. It just isn't a desirable 2003-2004 Cobra color. And yet a Sunfire Yellow '67 Vette is desirable. I will say, though, that this color on a '67 Corvette looks a lot better than Zinc Yellow on a 2003 Cobra. It's actually my favorite '67 Corvette color.

l88-e1573572892579-1147x860.jpg

iu

prs97

Established Member
As an owner of a ZY car for a number of years, the song is always the same about how it is the least desirable color.

Before my ZY Terminator, I had a Sonic Blue GT and loved the color.

I don't plan on selling but I'm curious how a color change would affect value on the Terminator market. I'd be lying if I wasn't kicking around the idea.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
IMO if you change the color you're going to take as big a hit on the value than you would just leaving it Zinc Yellow. You obviously chose the color because you liked it. If you don't decide to sell it, continue to enjoy it.

Wheel choice can be a factor that can significantly change the overall car.

Like this one.
6ba2bed5ac790c481827e3966b0a36ea.jpg

And this one with black wheels.
4130411572_65b11459fd_o.jpg

TerminatorCobraJP

Established Member
IMO if you change the color you're going to take as big a hit on the value than you would just leaving it Zinc Yellow. You obviously chose the color because you liked it. If you don't decide to sell it, continue to enjoy it.

Wheel choice can be a factor that can significantly change the overall car.

Like this one.
6ba2bed5ac790c481827e3966b0a36ea.jpg

And this one with black wheels.
4130411572_65b11459fd_o.jpg
I think black accents help ZY a lot but the one with chrome doesn't look bad either TBH

Sent from my SM-G950U using the svtperformance.com mobile app

Goose17

I have a major ego, and need attention.
Established Member
Surprised the car didn’t go higher and sell… even with it being yellow. On the flip side, I was blown away when the 800 mile Mystichrome vert sold for $81k! I walked in the garage afterwards and looked at my 500 mile vert, but I can’t part with it. The absurd prices do give an owner pause though. Same goes for the nutty prices on the 2000 Cobra R. They have gone through the roof lately!

HPLouis

Established Member
Surprised the car didn’t go higher and sell… even with it being yellow. On the flip side, I was blown away when the 800 mile Mystichrome vert sold for $81k! I walked in the garage afterwards and looked at my 500 mile vert, but I can’t part with it. The absurd prices do give an owner pause though. Same goes for the nutty prices on the 2000 Cobra R. They have gone through the roof lately!
I go through this everyday. I saw a 14K mile Mystichrome coupe sell for $55K last month on eBay and I see the GT500's selling for $60K-$65K and all I think about is having $110K-$115K to invest if I get rid of both cars right now. I had someone offer me $102K for both and it was so tempting but it's hard to get rid of them, especially knowing that it's hard to find them in good condition now for a good price.

Goose17

Established Member
I go through this everyday. I saw a 14K mile Mystichrome coupe sell for $55K last month on eBay and I see the GT500's selling for $60K-$65K and all I think about is having $110K-$115K to invest if I get rid of both cars right now. I had someone offer me $102K for both and it was so tempting but it's hard to get rid of them, especially knowing that it's hard to find them in good condition now for a good price.
Exactly! Once they are gone, they are gone! Good luck finding another like it.

I do expect a major correction before too long though. The rapid rate of prices increasing is not sustainable.

HPLouis

Established Member

I do expect a major correction before too long though. The rapid rate of prices increasing is not sustainable.
I think so too. That's probably going to make the great condition cars even more rare. If I paid $81K for an 800 mile Mystichome, it's obvious I can afford to pay it cash since I can't see a bank giving a loan out for that car. Now the bottom drops out. I'm not going to sell that car for $40K. I can afford to let the car sit and that's probably what people will do.

latemodelracer2

Boosted Beyond bolt ons
Established Member

You think they will dip/correct soon? I feel like it will happen but it will be when the bubble bust on the inflation/printed money. I need to sell off one of my Oxford whites coupes before to be ready to buy a comp orange then.

Goose17

Established Member
You think they will dip/correct soon? I feel like it will happen but it will be when the bubble bust on the inflation/printed money. I need to sell off one of my Oxford whites coupes before to be ready to buy a comp orange then.
I don’t know when it will happen, but I suspect it is coming. The rate of increase is not sustainable.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I think black accents help ZY a lot but the one with chrome doesn't look bad either TBH

Sent from my SM-G950U using the svtperformance.com mobile app
That's why I posted it. I was trying to point out what can transform a Zinc Yellow Terminator visually. Both of those wheels (style, color and finish) work very well.

03cobra#694

Good Guy
Super Moderator
With the money these are bringing, I’ve really thought about selling my 20K mile MG. As mentioned by Tim, when gone, it’s gone.

cj428mach

Established Member

Just wondering what your opinion is on repainting a OW car that yellowed. I had my side scoops, rockers, rear bumper and spoiler painted on my OW car it wasn't much over 10k Miles and always garaged. The parts just started to look really bad, just wondering how bad I hurt my cars value. The original front bumper paint is on the car but has a discolored spot on it from a bird crap before I got the car. Still has the Term sticker on it.

Users who are viewing this thread