Older guys: What do you still want to do?

Outlaw99

Join us.
Premium Member
I live pretty minimalistic. Run a real estate company and I am not the type to ever fully retire. I love to stay busy. I am not into fancy new things. My phone is several years old. Between our 2 cars we have 450,000 miles. I love putting money back and living virtually debt free. we enjoy just being able to travel when ever we want to where ever we want without a care in the world.

Sent from my SM-G986U using the svtperformance.com mobile app

gimmie11s

I Race Pontiacs
Established Member
Premium Member
Only 43 but plan to hang it up at 59 1/2 when i can draw 401k.

After Ive ensured my kids are set with a good education and have started out in life properly, Id like to make good on James's idea of hitting each state. I'd carve out about 2 years and do it in an RV while documenting the best sites in each one.

I'd also like to buy a couple acres in Idaho or Wyoming, build a massive shop and continue to do hotrod/powersports type stuff all day. Maybe open a small side business out of the shop to do light fabrication projects for folks.

VegasMichael

Established Member
I retire next May and still don't know what I'm going to do or where I'm going to move. I'm done with public education(too many state/federal mandates) so I'll be looking for work...or I might see if full retirement fits. My buddy in PA just got rid of his real estate/insurance business and went into the stump grinding business. He asked me if I wanted to join him.

Fat Boss

Established Member
I just turned fifty and have lived in my house for 5 years. I'm just saving to upgrade to a bigger house on a bigger lot with a big shop. Budget will probably have to be $2M or so. The plan is to inherit my dad's 1910 Model T as well as one or two of his other cars. He's got a Deuce Woodie and a Deuce Five Window along with a 1935 Phaeton and a 1939 Deluxe Convertible Sedan among others. I'd like to have room in a shop available when the time comes.

I don't really want to work longer than I have to, but the gold rush that is Silicon Valley is the real deal and the longer I can stick it out, the more cash I'll make. My next goal is to make $400k in a year without having to manage people, since I should make just north of $350k this year, from my recliner, in my pajamas.

Oh, I also want to make it to a Steelers home game.

68133297[1].jpg

MDShelby

Established Member
Premium Member
I have retired once and working on another pension, got 4 more years. I don't work too hard, some days can be pretty stressful, but overall, it is good. I want to hunt every day during the season, hope to still get to work on the farm otherwise, spend more time doing car stuff.

lilcoop03

Established Member
I'm only 37 but think about this every day. Not that I hate my job, I'm just looking forward to being financially independent and able to do what I want, when I want. I want to travel while pulling the racecar behind me, doing 1-2 track days a month.

Adower

Established Member
1/ At 50+ I'd like to have 3-5 rental properties fully paid off. Those properties would fund our vacations/leisure activities. I'd estimate that 3-5 properties in my area would bring 75K yearly minimum. Should be more than enough for a few vacations yearly.

2/ I'd love to play a few nights a week of senior softball at that age.
3/ Tinker with my cobra
4/ Do a ton of camping

DaleM

ATACMS changing the game!
Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
I had plans to go overseas and work in the sneaky world of overthrowing or destabilizing unfriendly governments.

I end up fishing and spending more time with my kids. I like chasing my wife around the house while kids are at school.

OK Bozos, stop clowning around.

EatonEggbeater

You tried to rob WHAT?
Established Member
This is actually pretty do-able.

That's lame. I want to be the first billionaire to ride a steaming, flaming dildo into space. Oh, wait... (and no, I'm not the expert on the SFD's)

Attachments

• 51254829139_b8ba9e3f87_k.jpg
    51254829139_b8ba9e3f87_k.jpg
    9.8 KB · Views: 49
Last edited:

gimmie11s

I Race Pontiacs
Established Member
Premium Member
Haul freight out West with this from April-November listening to Buck Owens.

View attachment 1726147

Then ski about 10 resorts during the winter... Smaller, off the beaten path resorts.

Watch B-52's do touch-n-gos for about 4 hours, then go for a 2 hour flight.

Start today!

You can name your price these days as an O/O hauling freight. It's insane.

EatonEggbeater

You tried to rob WHAT?
Established Member
Haul freight out West with this from April-November listening to Buck Owens.

View attachment 1726147

Then ski about 10 resorts during the winter... Smaller, off the beaten path resorts.

Watch B-52's do touch-n-gos for about 4 hours, then go for a 2 hour flight.
I was on the deck of the Truman filming flight op's off of Jacksonville Fl (I think, they wouldn't say.) Arrestor landed, shot off a few days later. Awesome opportunity. Sometime in the 90's.

nxhappy

Established Member
Interesting that you posted this. 62, and was gonna go another 3 or so years for the Medicare. Told my wife today, I'm pretty much over working where I do. I make major bank, but really don't need it anymore. I'm at the burn out stage. I'm sure I would need to train someone, but that someone would need basic knowledge of what I do. Which I would do. I'm also the kind of person that can't watch TV all day. Maybe a part time at the local hardware store sounds great.
**** it man, life is too short. do what you wanna do and make it a good one. It's a shame we have to work so hard and for so long, we forget what joys we have. Work is work, but family and friends is everything.

I'm still young(ish) but I'm already burnt out. I think people can retire early if they are really really careful with their buying and overall investments. I've made a goal to retire at 45 years old. I may not have a brand new car or a brand new house, but I'll have more time to spend with my family.

nxhappy

Established Member

I'm only 37 but think about this every day. Not that I hate my job, I'm just looking forward to being financially independent and able to do what I want, when I want. I want to travel while pulling the racecar behind me, doing 1-2 track days a month.
right there with ya my dude. Do some research on F.I.R.E. and pump that extra money into investments. The short term sucks balls because you won't have too much spending money but it 10 years you will smile at your retirement money

nxhappy

Established Member
Two tiny problems.
No CDL and no experience. LOL.
12 ft truck or 24ft, regular licence is ok

you can hot shot a **** load of freight in a 24ft truck

per miles, probably charge $3 ....coast to coast roughly $6000 for a load

Users who are viewing this thread