Older 2 piece KOOKS LTH .. What mid pipe connection ?

nitrojunk

Established Member
I have older 2 piece KOOKS LTH's and a catted mid pipe I'm assuming is from KOOKs.

Problem = The CAT from the left side of the exhaust has come loose inside and I'm constantly shooting bits and pieces of catalytic material out of the exhaust.

This weekend I went to remove the mid section to inspect the problem but realized that I had a gasket on the end of the headers connecting to mid section. Now when I look online for a catless mid section from Kooks, they look like ball and socket connections which I dont think is whats on the older 2 piece KOOKS ..

Anyone with this setup ? Can you shed some like on what midsection I would need ?

nitrojunk

Established Member
took pictures and sent them to Kooks tech support, they told me they dont make mid sections for my headers any more .. sooo ARH here I come

nitrojunk

Established Member
right so that is my thought originally but these 2 piece KOOKS leak at the collectors and cause vibration .. just not a good design .. Plus not sure how they were installed, but I have literally 1 1/2 inches of ground clearance .. Yes I'm on coil overs :)

blownfox

Established Member
took pictures and sent them to Kooks tech support, they told me they dont make mid sections for my headers any more .. sooo ARH here I come
That's what I did! My cats were find but I did not like how low the headers were hanging on the car.

Users who are viewing this thread