Lambeau

Superfleck Moonbird
Established Member
Malt Liquor Mafia
Screen Shot 2020-02-14 at 6.55.06 PM.png

me32

BEASTLY SHELBY GT500 TVS
Premium Member
Whats even better is how the dealership tried to protect the mechanic. "Well they have to test drive the car" lol. Nothing beats that. What it should of said the mechanic has to total the car after install.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Not the first time we've heard of a story like this, and it likely won't be the last. This is why many high HP car owners don't want or won't allow mechanics to test drive their cars unless they're riding shotgun. I can only imagine how pissed the owner of the Mustang was. I would bet the majority of mechanics who do test drive cars like the GT-500/350, C7/C8 Vettes, ZL1 Camaros, late model GTs, etc., do multiple WOT runs just because they can't resist the temptation. No excuse for it, regardless.

jshen

Established Member
If I understood all of this correctly the dealer would have insurance deal with it. No No No...the dealer admitted to techs driving cars that have been worked on and dealer has the employee that did the driving...In addition to insurance BS, the Dealer should up front a new GT with added parts...Lawyer should be happy taking this case

Last edited:

Don't Care
Established Member
Malt Liquor Mafia
It could be worse. You could be that guy with the C7Z who spent $100k at a shop only to have the shop owner take it out for a joy ride and wreck it and then tell the Vette owner to pound sand.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
It could be worse. You could be that guy with the C7Z who spent $100k at a shop only to have the shop owner take it out for a joy ride and wreck it and then tell the Vette owner to pound sand.
Do you have a link? I'd like to read about that one.

Don't Care
Established Member
Malt Liquor Mafia
Do you have a link? I'd like to read about that one.

I Don't, it was posted here and on CF. The gist of it was the shop owner was doing errands in the C7Z and lost control in the Wintertime. The shop owner refused to put it on his insurance.

jeffh81

Here’s KingBlack
Established Member
Not the first time we've heard of a story like this, and it likely won't be the last. This is why many high HP car owners don't want or won't allow mechanics to test drive their cars unless they're riding shotgun. I can only imagine how pissed the owner of the Mustang was. I would bet the majority of mechanics who do test drive cars like the GT-500/350, C7/C8 Vettes, ZL1 Camaros, late model GTs, etc., do multiple WOT runs just because they can't resist the temptation. No excuse for it, regardless.

having worked for a dealer and having family members working for them. You get caught being ignorant then it’s your ass at most respectable dealers. Most of them will have a loop that they do and that’s it.

TBCobra

Established Member
Premium Member
Beer Money Bros.
lol at him continuing to be a customer. How naive can you be.

SVTdreamin04

What's a "Termi"???
Established Member
Premium Member
They can handle an Ecoboost but they can’t handle a boosted 5.0!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

big reg

Gets his shit pushed in
Established Member
Race Proven Motorsports in Delaware.

big reg

Gets his shit pushed in
Established Member
They’re big on You Tube.
A local friend is scheduled to take his vette there this May for a package.
I’d like to look at a link if you have one?
-J
I don’t have one. The guy posted it on Corvette Forums but they closed it as you cannot talk about sponsors on there. It’s so bad that sponsors are allowed to spam every section with advertisements as long as they only do it once a day. Literally 1 of every 4 threads is probably selling something. Been a member for 20yrs and have less than 15 posts but I digress.

RPM does great work albeit pricey. If I keep my car this summer, it will go there for a cam and forged piston install.

I think the issue with the crashed Z was they don’t carry shop insurance and the shop owner wasn’t going to use his personal insurance to cover the customer’s car.

Users who are viewing this thread