OK which car is actually faster The 03/04 Mach or the 05 GT?

chevysRslow

Established Member
I have heard of a nearly stock (short throw shifter) mach running in the 12's, but thats kinda impossible it seems.

I ran a 13.07 in my brother's 03 Mach. Stock except for cat-back (even paper air filter). If I was a better driver (launch), high 12's would have been easy.

A2V2NV

Established Member
Well,

In 1/4 mile, the Mach is going to win, without question....

In daily driver comfort, the way the car feels, etc. I think the new car is a better platform.

Man, I LOVE my '01 GT, but I'm a sucker for the 'ol cars, this new one really looks good in person, the pictures don't do it justice!

I'm hoping for a Mach 1 version of the new car guys, I think that would be sweet, or better yet, a "BOSS 302" with a 5.0 cammer engine!!!!

Please , Please Ford, offer Grabber Green in the new Mach!!!!!!

I still love my new edge, '01 GT!!!!

joe

chevysRslow

Established Member
Even though I think the 05 is a tad on the slow/heavy side, I'm still tempted to buy one as soon as the Whipple kit becomes available. That would then provide, the looks, new platform comforts, and power!

03CobraBro

Established Member
They trap pretty damn close... I'd say though, between the 2 I'd still take the Mach. Just seems like it would be alot more fun to drive, even though the new Mustang GT's are neat in there own respect.

AzDropTop

Established Member
From what I've been reading the 05's are have dynos in the same range as Mach's and 99, 01 cobras! With more tq than the 99, 01's? Driver's race?

TR03Mach1

Black Snake
Established Member
03CobraBro said:
They trap pretty damn close... I'd say though, between the 2 I'd still take the Mach. Just seems like it would be alot more fun to drive, even though the new Mustang GT's are neat in there own respect.
They do? :shrug: I have yet to see an 05 GT make a legitimate, all stock quarter mile run that breaks 100mph. Most are in the 97-99mph range, while an all stock 03-04 Mach 1 can trap 104-106 pretty easily.

Lethalchem

Sigmund Frod
Established Member
TR03Mach1 said:
They do? :shrug: I have yet to see an 05 GT make a legitimate, all stock quarter mile run that breaks 100mph. Most are in the 97-99mph range, while an all stock 03-04 Mach 1 can trap 104-106 pretty easily.
I'd imagine that's due to the throttle issue at redline everyone's mentioned on here already.

TR03Mach1

Black Snake
Established Member
Lethalchem said:
I'd imagine that's due to the throttle issue at redline everyone's mentioned on here already.
You're probably right about that. I've also been giving some thought to the tranny/rear situation in the 05 vs Mach 1. I know that I can go through the traps in third gear, pushing the 4valve pretty close to the redline, about 6700rpms, which is still within it's powerband. But if the 05 is running the same 3650 trans and 3:55 rear, with a redline about 6000 on the 3valve, in conjunction with the goofy computer/throttle thing going on, that car has to be shifted into 4th well before the top end of the track and losing a considerable amount of revs doing it. It appears that the 05, with the exception of the incredible launch it gets, is at a disadvantage on the dragstrip in its stock configuration! It would also point to the computer reflash/chip being one of the most important mods to be made to the 05 Mustang, everything else should be secondary to that.

KevinB120

COOKIES!
Established Member
I would think an owner of each would run each other heads up. The one who crosses the line first would most likely be the faster car. :shrug:

Users who are viewing this thread