Ok vert owners, show me your sub enclosures

86caprirs

Established Member
I need ideas. Stereo shops here are drawing a blank. Help me please. I am to the point that I may mod my back seat and do a half rear seat delete and sub enclosure there.

Carbon Driven

Established Member
If the stereo shop is drawing a blank then I would take that as a red flag. A good shop will have plenty of ideas.

How can you do a 1/2 delete when the top goes down right behind the seat?

86caprirs

Established Member
Take the rear seat and cut it in half. Reweld and apholster. Then locate seat to center of car. Build boxes on either side. Or just do a rear seat delete all together and make a rear sub box in that area.

Carbon Driven

Established Member
But if you modified the rear seat backing you would still need some depth to have a proper volume sized enclosure :shrug:

Subs dont have to be up against the seat back. They can be on the sides of the trunk enclosure similar to the Shaker 1000 in Shelbys. Inside the rear quarter panels facing each other from each side. Subwoofer sounds are omnidirentional so it should suffice and take advantage of the extra space in the quarter panels.

RDJ

ZERO shits given
Established Member
Take the rear seat and cut it in half. Reweld and apholster. Then locate seat to center of car. Build boxes on either side. Or just do a rear seat delete all together and make a rear sub box in that area.

I'm sorry but that will look like shit. and sound like shit most likely. and if you EVER have a passenger back there you will have to turn them off.

if you want a good sounding stereo you can listen to with the top down while doin 80 on the highway look into the Mach 1000 system. I had one in my 02 GT convertible and it was awesome.

86caprirs

Established Member
Hmmm. OK so to do a mach 1000 do I just need the subs? Will it work with my system I have now? I did find a shaker 1000 sub in my classifieds locally for $200. How do I make it work?

Last edited:

RDJ

ZERO shits given
Established Member
Hmmm. OK so to do a mach 1000 do I just need the subs? Will it work with my system I have now? I did find a shaker 1000 sub in my classifieds locally for $200. How do I make it work?

I am not an audio guy. have no idea what it takes to install them. My guess is that you will need the amps, and the bar they bolt to, and equivilant subs at a minimum.

Rudysvt

Established Member
Cutting and welding wouldn't be a good idea. I just finished installing 2 12 inch subwoofers, 2600 watt ptq amp in my 03 cobra vert. I got a custom made subwoofer box for the trunk, which also leaves me with a descent amount of trunk space I would say, considering the fact that space has to be a sacrifice when adding a pair of subwoofers. Anyway... I can post pics within next couple of days. I also tapped to the stock stero system, (Mach 460 which I believe ). Search here in svt performance link http://www.svtperformance.com/forum...cobra-vert-using-factory-mach-460-stereo.html.
Give credit to JpJr for the excellent write up.

MAX86GT

Established Member
Used the Mach 1000 amp rack and subs in my vert. I replaced the amps with a Memphis Belle 5 channel to run the subs and Focal components. Carpeted the amp rack and sub boxes with trunk liner and covered the grills with black grill cloth. I wanted a clean factory look with very good sound quality and I definitely achieved that.

IMAG0114.jpg

IMAG0110.jpg

IMAG0113.jpg

IMAG0111.jpg

RDJ

ZERO shits given
Established Member
Used the Mach 1000 amp rack and subs in my vert. I replaced the amps with a Memphis Belle 5 channel to run the subs and Focal components. Carpeted the amp rack and sub boxes with trunk liner and covered the grills with black grill cloth. I wanted a clean factory look with very good sound quality and I definitely achieved that.
you most certainly did NOT achieve the factory look. sorry dude you missed the mark on that one by a mile. Yours looks a thousand times better than the factory look.

86caprirs

Established Member
Yeah MAX. Thats what I am looking for. I went to another place and they wanted to do a fiberglass moulds for both side of my trunk. Then do a couple solo baric Kicker subs and give it a factory look also.

10thSVT 03. How does the stealth box sound?

86caprirs

Established Member
I also was looking at pics to do a spare tire subwoofer install. Thinking of using the Kicker solo baric square face sub. Is one enough or will i need two? Where can I find build specs to do this?

earico

It's 4:20 somewhere...
Established Member
I also was looking at pics to do a spare tire subwoofer install. Thinking of using the Kicker solo baric square face sub. Is one enough or will i need two? Where can I find build specs to do this?

Solobarics hit hard. I've had 3 different setups with them over the years in different cars. They are designed to be used in sealed boxes of relatively small size. You can put them in a ported box but it will be a large box and may not fit the spare tire well. I never had a problem with them blowing either.

Currently I don't have anything in my Cobra but I have (1) ported 10" L5 Solobaric with a 450w (rms) Alpine in my boat in a 1.75 CF box. Hits like no other. Sounds like a 15" woofer. BTW I think the sealed box requirements were only 1.0 CF. So a ported box was about dbl.

Honestly I think (1) L5 10" or 12" in a sealed box would be plenty since it's in the trunk and would fit the spare tire well.

BTW specs are on their website.

Last edited:

BLU3VN0M

SVT Addict
Established Member
I built my own box for my old vert and had it color matched to my car. It was easy to do, ill post some pic's of it when I get off work.

Users who are viewing this thread