Ok, I can say some good stuff about my Cobra.

mike69440

Established Member
Sorry to put the Forum through my venting over my comparatively weak running and slightly vibrating Cobra.
Here are some good things I can say about the car:

I was on vacation this weekend and came through Boston on the half torn down and squigglely upper deck of the dreaded Southeast Expressway very late in the evening. The Cobra surprised me with its nailed down composer on a road that at the speeds I was one hand driving, even one finger driving, lesser cars would have bounced out of their lane. Even at normal speeds, lesser cars were struggling. Ford did an excellent job with the suspension tuning of the old fox platform with the 03. Car has decent brakes and tires stay planted in a curve. Pure cornering force is only about 10% greater than my PI Crown Vic with Comp T/A's, however the directional stability in a corner over big whoop- de- do - bumps and washboard pavement is much better in The Cobra than the "Cop-Car" or a GT Mustang.

It is always a shock to get a rental car Crown Vic and nearly crash it in the first curve! The stock Vic suspension is for Florida "Blue Hairs" and I was always impressed by the handling of my Vic Cop car which I bought as a demonstrator with 4K miles, even to the likes of BMW's and such. The Cobra is an even better handler, and still has a decent ride for the nature of the car. I wonder how a Vette would handle tose bumps and curves?

Also my last two full tanks of gas have yielded 18.4 and 20.1 mpg.
I guess from that I do not have bad cats, I suspect my blower is a little asmatic.

Mike

Users who are viewing this thread