ok guys.. IMRC deletes.. yes i searched.

jmir018

GOT SVT?
Established Member
So, thanks to my good friend Orlando, i will soon have IMRC deletes.
I have 430's and am not concerned about the losing a little power down below.
i know i have to get a tune to turn off the IMRC codes after i do this mod, but i also remember seeing other sites that sold little clips or controllers and even some that taught you how to modify your stock controller to not have the CEL light come on. unfortunately i can't find any right now.. That's where some of you guys will hopefully jump in.

I've also been told that the SCT handheld tuner will allow me to remove the codes, but i don't know if i wanna spend the money now to buy it and then pay for a chip..
thanks..

b dub

4.10's or 4.30's??!!
Established Member
holy shit, his own thread!!! i copied and pasted that whole document and was about to post it....lol!!

in fact, i just ordered the relay from radio shack last week...

98 svt

Established Member
Premium Member
jmir018 said:
]

I've also been told that the SCT handheld tuner will allow me to remove the codes, but i don't know if i wanna spend the money now to buy it and then pay for a chip..
thanks..

Why would you need to buy an SCT tuner AND a chip?
If the SCT takes care of the code, there is no need for a chip.:shrug:

Anyone know if the SCT does take care of IMRC deletes? I'll be buying an SCT pretty soon.:banana:

crystal_SVT

Established Member
its not just the code that u need to worry about, the car needs to be tuned on the dyno to see full benefit. the tuner has tol totally re-map the fuel and timing. if u just turn off the CEL it still wont run right. i put down 258 with the deletes untuned then 280 after the tune soooo get the tune! lol

forcedLX

Established Member
jersey just buy my deletes and SCT2 and get it over with.....how many times do i have to tell you...but you always have to ask for a 2nd opinion..lol i am RARELY wrong.

jmir018

GOT SVT?
Established Member
forcedLX said:
jersey just buy my deletes and SCT2 and get it over with.....how many times do i have to tell you...but you always have to ask for a 2nd opinion..lol i am RARELY wrong.

Ha.. yeah, but.. i don't know if i really want an SCT... i 'm debating between that and a tune....
eventually i'll get a tune, not now,... so the sct will just go to waste..
you home? i thought you were out of town?

jmir018

GOT SVT?
Established Member

1996_Snake

Built and Blown
Established Member
jmir018 said:
i must have overlooked this thread .. oh well.
Yeah, i plan on getting a tune eventually.. but not right now, i'm running short on funds.
So, i was looking for something until then..
i would just wait for everything....dont do anything till you have the money to get a tune...
or i have a spare controller till you get the cash....:beer:

jmir018

GOT SVT?
Established Member
thanks guys.. i just came back from adquiring a SCT2 tuner and IMRc eliminator plates..
Thanks ForcedLX.

Now, all i need is a tune.. =P

Users who are viewing this thread