ok gang...keep the 03 Cobra or buy the 05 GT. I cant have both

HotRodHarry

Life is short,Live it up!
Established Member
I am....I went and drove the new one for a long time and then back in my 03 Cobra....

Review in the Terminator Forum link above...

Thanks buddy.

Last edited:

CobraKindaGuy

Established Member
If you like head snapping power and the only "New Edge" design that had a stock SC keep the 03 Cobra...if you want the retro look, a better ride and reasonably good HP that is more balanced across the shift and RPM range then go with the 05 GT. Each has their pluses that make them unique enough that either way you can't go wrong.

The only thing you WILL miss if you went with the 05 GT is the acceleration rush...it just will not be the same with the 05 GT once you have had a taste of the 03 Cobra's acceleration. You have to be able to live with that single FACT or you will regret your decision later.

That is why I have kept both the 03 Cobra and the 05 GT so that I can have the best of both worlds.

Modular4vFox

Nobama!!!
Established Member
Sell your Cobra to me... and buy the much slower GT .. JK

Cobra has way more potential and although the 05's are the big craze now, I'd wait for the next Cobra. Which might have a 5.4L twin-screw blown motor in it.

Detroit_Doc

Established Member
If you already have an '03 cobra then just wait.

I don't currently own a mustang and I am hemming and hawwing between buying a '04 cobra off the dealers lot for a very good price, versus buying an '05 at full MSRP. Even then it's a hard descision. But if I already had an '03, you are set for a few years.

Let's put it this way.... when you roll up to a light, would you rather be in your '03 cobra or and '05 GT? In our game, that's all that matters.

Last edited:

MaximumSVT

Embrace your fears
Established Member
Premium Member
By next summer the '05 will be everywhere. I really like it but if you want the new one I would wait for the next Cobra or some other special edition.

crispy23c

SVT Chupacabra
Established Member
I would keep your Cobra, not buy an '05 until later this summer (at least). Why?
-We will know when/what the new Cobra will be and cost;
-The '06 GT will probably have more content/options (like 18" wheels if you like that)
-If you don't decide on a new Cobra, you will be able to get a better deal on an '05 than right now, or you will know what's in store for the '06 GT, and be able to decide between the two GTs;
-with winter coming, what's your rush? :shrug:

For all you others, you don't want the new Cobra, you want another SE. Who wants all that POWER anyways??? And the FUEL BILLS?!?!? AND the NECK-SNAPPING ACCELLERATION?!?!? No one here I'm sure!!! (Saying hypnotically) ..You are all feeling very sleepy....VERY SLEEPY........buy the other SE's...buy the other SE's...buy the other SE's...buy the other SE's... :idea:
Let Crispy have first pick of a new Cobra....first pick....first pick....first pick....
:rolling: :rolling: :rolling:

Last edited:

HotRodHarry

Life is short,Live it up!
Established Member
You guys are great man. Thanks.

I am not getting an 05....if as another car...I would...

shoot...I might up having to sell my Cobra soon anyway...uuugh...only 1500 miles..never a rain drop on her...sits in the garage way too much.

Thanks again,

icu812

GOT MILF?
Established Member
yeah I went to purchase a 05 Sonic Blue as a daily driver so to keep the miles down on the 03 at the local dealers lot and took the ol'lady with me (big mistake) well to keep a long story short I now own a 500 and she couldn't be happier lol
the moral to the story is women rule the world they have half the money and all the pu$$y

Users who are viewing this thread