oil

prttyboyfloyd

Established Member
today i did on oil change on my cobra. It wound up taking 7 qts of royal purle 5w30 synthetic. Id swear it only took 6 quarts to fill the stick last time, but i might be mistaken, anybody know the exact amount its supposed to take. :beer:

prttyboyfloyd

Established Member
I did that, and the stick was reading a quart low. anybody else run into this problem. i know im not crazy cause i counted the empty bottles i had.

IronTerp

Mid-Atlantic Cobra Assoc.
There was a huge thread on this about a year ago and if I can remember correctly, the final verdict was that the 03/04 Cobras take 6 quarts of oil with a filter change. It was suggested that the variance in dip stick readings was due to dip stick alignment issues which explains why some guys fill their's to the top of the stick with 6 quarts and some guys get a much lower reading with the same amount of oil.

But, know some fellas that run 6.5 anyway......... Mine reads right in the middle of the stick with 6 quarts.

ModsAway

Established Member
Any harm in putting in too much or will your engine simply burn the excess?

Mike_Hawk

Too Much Juice
Established Member
ModsAway said:
Any harm in putting in too much or will your engine simply burn the excess?
If I remember correctly, the oil gets bubbly/foamy and that's not a good thing. I do 6 quarts and won't make the mistake of doing 6.5 again.

Users who are viewing this thread