Oil...Trillion (with a "T") Barrels

CompOrange04GT

Anyone have a strap on my girl can use on me?
Established Member
Same reason we don't build more pipelines. ****ing tree-huggers. They got them shut down, and then kept people from building more.

Sorry to quote you twice, but I just wanted to point out this is why I hate " news" or media.

People are believing that pipe lines arent being laid at a STAGGERING rate and being shut down.. Yet nobody wants to report the truth

Yeah, I saw a show on that actually. Now, it's filled with crime, prostitution and drugs in some towns in North Dakota.

North Dakota is a shit hole. A very very VERY bad shit hole.

Meth has riddled it. People went up there for money and got addicted to drugs and stayed up there.

There were very and i mean VERY disgusting things happening up there during the big oil boom. I spent 6 months up there and wouldn't go back up there for even half a million a year.

CompOrange04GT

Established Member
Who refines it all then? We have gas and diesel coming in refined. Seems like taking the shipping costs out would save and create jobs kinda like the steel mills that got shit down years ago. Don’t mind me, I’m just thinking.

The huge companies.

Exxon, Mobile, Valero, Shell, the largest refiner in New Mexico I believe is Holly Corporation and they dont even break the top 10

CompOrange04GT

Established Member
How can there be refineries there? They need rivers/lakes for water.

We have the Pecos River lol, it's not as desolate of a desert as people think out here haha. We have trees and shit

I'm not an expert on this part, but out here, I know that due to where I live Holly/Navajo developed a new way of conserving water by 75% instead of just getting rid of it like many can in other states.

I dont remember what it's called, but its one of the few in America that actually do it

03cobra#694

Good Guy
Super Moderator
We have the Pecos River lol, it's not as desolate of a desert as people think out here haha. We have trees and shit

I'm not an expert on this part, but out here, I know that due to where I live Holly/Navajo developed a new way of conserving water by 75% instead of just getting rid of it like many can in other states.

I dont remember what it's called, but its one of the few in America that actually do it
Drink your urine? Sounds about right.

utlong31

Established Member
Wouldnt go by that. It's missing some in new mexico.. And has some on there that arent even active

Isn’t one of the problems with our refineries is that they were set up for Brent Crude from imported oil and not for our WTI Crude.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Coiled03

Established Member
Sorry to quote you twice, but I just wanted to point out this is why I hate " news" or media.

People are believing that pipe lines arent being laid at a STAGGERING rate and being shut down.. Yet nobody wants to report the truth

Ok, whatever you say, boss. I work for the company that builds the machines that put those pipes in the ground. When those machines aren't moving, there's only one reason.

buffalosoldier

Established Member
I have a 91 gmc stepside and it makes gas.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

buffalosoldier

Established Member
I was being sarcastic b/c we all know that prices should drop but somebody will find a way to keep prices up and make excuses why they are still high just so others will keep getting richer.
Insurance was supposed to go down once helmet laws were passed but did that ever happen? Not around here.. Prices for anything never go down for long.

ks
Even if the gasoline price goes down the taxes will be added to keep it up.

buffalosoldier

Established Member
One reason it is sold on the foreign market is to help maintain our lousy balance of payments.
Why would oil companies keep it in the country if they can sell for more elsewhere?

VegasMichael

Established Member
We had no self serv at our station. Yes, I washed windows and checked oil. If you were good, you could even get the air filter out while you were under the hood checking the oil and sell them one of those too.
I honestly don't think there is a full serve station anywhere in Vegas.

RedVenom48

Let's go Brandon!
Established Member
Our national debt needs to be handled someday. And its not going to look pretty. Maybe, just maybe becoming energy independent will help right our ship.

ashleyroachclip

Established Member
Buffalosolder is right , Oregon has a fed tax , state tax , county tax , city tax ....
Shit just gets worse each day.
I was paying just under 2.00 a gallon for 87 first of the year up until about march , today it is $3.05 , and my V10 uses 15 to 20 gallons a day .

CompOrange04GT

Established Member
Isn’t one of the problems with our refineries is that they were set up for Brent Crude from imported oil and not for our WTI Crude.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Used to yeah, but much of what is produced now is above 35 API gravity and lower on sulfur

Ok, whatever you say, boss. I work for the company that builds the machines that put those pipes in the ground. When those machines aren't moving, there's only one reason.

I work for one of the largest pipeline companies in the world.... and we have over 20-30 calls a day for one calls due to digging near pipelines to lay more.

They are expecting oil production in my area to triple, so we have been needing to lay more for months

Users who are viewing this thread