Oil...Trillion (with a "T") Barrels

CompOrange04GT

Anyone have a strap on my girl can use on me?
Established Member
Why would oil companies keep it in the country if they can sell for more elsewhere?

Speaking on us or others?
This is true.
SO, is America the largest producer of oil these days?

On our way to be.

Problem is, certain countries ( not us) are speculating 100+ a bbl prices... Which is a no no. Because that means a big crash will come again

CompOrange04GT

Established Member
Yeah,...those were crazy times. I hope we don't ever experience that again. Highly unlikely though. I remember paying a lot to gas up my Ram truck as well. But, I was laid off for almost 2 years during the recession, so it wasn't so bad, but gas prices were still high for a while after that fallout. I only went out when I really needed to.

****Correct me if I'm wrong someone, but isn't the U.S.A. the biggest producer of oil these days? I believe they drill up right next to Canada in North Dakota?
Why do we sell our oil overseas, if the prices are high here? Let's keep most to keep prices at bay and then sell off some. Maybe it's not that easy?? lol

I hope it doesnt hit 100+ either.

We do drill all the way to within 1/2 mile of the Canadian border.

And nope definitely not that easy haha

tones_RS3

I like members members.
Established Member
Premium Member
Problem is, certain countries ( not us) are speculating 100+ a bbl prices... Which is a no no. Because that means a big crash will come again
That's what I'm afraid of. Hopefully not though.
Those were seriously tough times in 2008-2010.

I thought we would not reach that goal until 2020.
I think it's close.
Up in ND, they're drilling big time.

tones_RS3

I like members members.
Established Member
Premium Member
We just passed Saudi Arabia to take second in the first quarter of 2018. We are set to overtake Russia very soon. Now if we can just get the gas prices down again that would be great......lol.
That's awesome!
And yes, lower gas prices would be great! lol

RedVenom48

Let's go Brandon!
Established Member
Any chance we could get 100 octane down to, say, $4.00 a gallon? That would be great...

Anyone, why the hell don’t we have more refineries? So many got shut down in the 80-90’s. I know some of those were basically mass pollution dumps, but with today’s technology. Too much money to build new when these companies make billions? Piss me off.

If it was a regulations thing, this President is the best shot we have a getting it done.

03cobra#694

Good Guy
Super Moderator
Any chance we could get 100 octane down to, say, $4.00 a gallon? That would be great...

If it was a regulations thing, this President is the best shot we have a getting it done.
****, we have more nasty ass chemical refineries than oil. Drives me nuts. I hauled petroleum products way back, and saw the demise. Some of those places where scary though. Yeah, im old. Lol

Coiled03

Established Member
Anyone, why the hell don’t we have more refineries? So many got shut down in the 80-90’s. I know some of those were basically mass pollution dumps, but with today’s technology. Too much money to build new when these companies make billions? Piss me off.

Same reason we don't build more pipelines. ****ing tree-huggers. They got them shut down, and then kept people from building more.

tones_RS3

I like members members.
Established Member
Premium Member
That's good stuff.
From the article,.....................President Donald Trump is also pushing ahead with his “energy dominance” agenda, aiming for the U.S. to become a net oil exporter over the next 10 years. Deputy energy secretary Dan Brouillette said last week the country is in the “midst of a historic energy revolution” that will gain the U.S. “complete energy security.”

CompOrange04GT

Established Member
That's what I'm afraid of. Hopefully not though.
Those were seriously tough times in 2008-2010.

I think it's close.
Up in ND, they're drilling big time.

ND aint shit compared to NM/WTX. ND was 4-5 years ago when companies would pay for houses, and pay random ass 20 year olds 100k. Now... hell, within 5 miles of my station, there are roughly 14 rigs up, with plans for 45 more holes to be drilled by end of year.. just in MY area. New Mexico West Texas is the place to be.

If we dont " need " it.. they dont spend the money.

Same reason we don't build more pipelines. ****ing tree-huggers. They got them shut down, and then kept people from building more.

Pipelines are being laid in an un real number. It's just that the hippies know it's not the smartest idea to come to the area where it's happening.

Hilarious how a lot of those Colorado hippies would drive North to North Dakota... but wont drive the same amount of miles south to say a word.

tones_RS3

I like members members.
Established Member
Premium Member
ND aint shit compared to NM/WTX. ND was 4-5 years ago when companies would pay for houses, and pay random ass 20 year olds 100k. Now... hell, within 5 miles of my station, there are roughly 14 rigs up, with plans for 45 more holes to be drilled by end of year.. just in MY area. New Mexico West Texas is the place to be.
Yeah, I saw a show on that actually. Now, it's filled with crime, prostitution and drugs in some towns in North Dakota.

03cobra#694

Good Guy
Super Moderator
Who refines it all then? We have gas and diesel coming in refined. Seems like taking the shipping costs out would save and create jobs kinda like the steel mills that got shit down years ago. Don’t mind me, I’m just thinking.

Users who are viewing this thread