Oil test results

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
First time I have sent in my oil to have tested. Sorry for the bad pictures, I couldn't get adobe format to work. The oil was in the car for about 1 year with only about 800 miles on it. Oil used was Royal Purple HPS 5w30. The engine 28k miles on it now.

Blackstone lab stated that my iron levels were on the higher side for only 800 miles of use on the oil and said to send in another test next year to keep an eye on the iron levels. Just trying to gather more information from those who are more knowledgeable with this.

IMAG1298_zpsuvqvh1qk.jpg

IMAG1299_zpsatmdxdsj.jpg

UnleashedBeast

Engine Lubrication Guru
Established Member
Well, how about that.....a sample of HPS that didn't show shearing. In fact, tested a little more viscous than Royal Purple's virgin specs. Too bad it's only an 800 mile sample.

What lubricant did you run prior? Could this fill of HPS be cleaning out old stuff from the previous fill? The next fill will give us more info.

Last edited:

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
Well, how about that.....a sample of HPS that didn't show shearing. In fact, tested a little more viscous than Royal Purple's virgin specs. Too bad it's only an 800 mile sample.

What lubricant did you run prior? Could this fill of HPS be cleaning out old stuff from the previous fill? The next fill will give us more info.

Nope, this is my 3rd oil change using the same hps 5w30 oil.

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
Short trips can do that to an engine, increase wear.

Yeah I suppose, I've been trying to drive it on the highway more often. That Amsoil 10w30 still give me better protection? That's the plan for next oil change. Just get nervous people saying it's to thick because of tight clearances.

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
People are ignorant.

Read This

Excellent information! LOL I just put in fresh rr hps 5w30 and likely will store the car next week for the winter. Seems like a waste of fresh oil I just put in, but I'm trying amsoil ss 10w30 come spring.

Users who are viewing this thread